Chapter 13

Let Go - Britney Spears

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

I squint my eyes open, there were multiple figures surrounding me. I open my eyes a little more, a bright light blinds me causing me to groan in discomfort.

Am I in heaven?

Okay let's be for real... especially with my track record.

"I think she's waking up!" Someone shouts in my ear. "Can you shut the fuck up already!" I mutter, still confused of where I was.

I open my eyes fully and I notice I'm still in my room. I'm laying on my bed.

I can see an IV bag attached to my arm and all my family sitting in my room.

"What happened?" I groan as I scratch my head.

"You had a mental breakdown, you pointed a gun at us, threatened us and then you passed out due to an overdose of painkillers."

"You suffered from an overdose. You've been out for 2 days." Vincent said as he was getting up from his seat.

"How do you feel?" Stephan asks as he tries to hold my hand but I move my hand away from him. He looked at me with disappointment, but I didn't care. He betrayed my trust and made me look like a fool. All those times, the hugs, the dinners, just to find out I'm now a mafia princess.

What happens if Jose and Stephan knows each other?

What  if they have an alliance?

What if Jose knows I'm here?

Will he come for me or will Stephan hand me over?

With all my unanswered questions, recovering from an overdose, I completely forgot about my ribs. I lifted myself up, trying to get more comfortable, my ribs instantly throb in pain.

I grip my side, I grown in pain which alarms everyone. "What's wrong?" Blake rushes over to my side.

"Nothing, I just got up too quickly." I shoo him away as I get off the bed and limp over into the bathroom, locking the door and looking at myself in the mirror.

I don't see the confident person I have thought I was becoming. Now I'm the hideous and repulsive girl that I was when I was with Jose.

The bruises on my face and body, the constant pain, the constant fear. The blood of my victims, my own blood that I've shed.

I just punch my mirror which causes shards of class to fall on the floor and counter.

I quickly crouch down to the floor to find a towel and wrap it around my bleeding hand.

"Is everything okay in there? I heard shattering." Roman asks from behind the door.

I was trying to clean up the glass shards as quick as possible, but before I can do anything the door opens, Roman was standing there in shock.

He quickly closes the door behind him, making sure no one else can seen us. He's stares at me with sympathy but I don't want that. It's a sign of weakness, people don't respect you when you look weak. He bends down next to me and helps me clean up the shards.

Once we were done, I try to walk out but he grabs me by my arm and pulls me back. He stares at my hand which was now soaked in red crimson blood. He sits me up on the counter.

He goes into my cabinet and finds the first aid kit. He picks out the shards out of my hand with tweezers, I wince in pain as he gets the deeper pieces out. We didn't say a word to each other.