Chapter 10

Breathe - Jax Jones

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

"Now let's see these ribs." The doctor says as I lift up my sweater, he scrunches up his face. "Damn you did a number on it, let's see how bad it is." He gently touches it, I bite my lip trying to hold in a groan, he presses down against the bruised rib, I hiss in pain.

"Just as I thought, luckily you've not broken any of your ribs, at least from the feel of them, but I definitely need to do a few scans. But you've bruised them, badly. I suggest you lay off of any physical activity for at least a month, take painkillers and apply an ice pack to the wound." The doctor says as he writes down the instructions on the paper.

I really didn't want to go to the hospital but Dennis made me, he wouldn't let me compete in  another match unless I went.

The doctor hands me the note. "Thanks doctor, I'll make sure to do this." I nod at him as I climb off the bed.

"Make sure you take it easy, if you follow these instructions you'll be fine in no time." He smiles at me as he holds the door for me.

As soon as we get home, I go up to my room and call Dennis to see when's my next fight.

"Hey Rocky, how was the doctor?"

"Good, told me to take some painkillers and relax. But anyways, when is my next match?"

"Tonight, I was going to tell you yesterday but I had a mission." Dennis is an assassin, he's been one since he was 14 years old. His parents were also assassins but they are now retired.

Sometimes he let's me accompany him on his missions. I find it quite pleasurable, but it's too risky for me to do it all the time, in fear of Jose spotting me.

"Chase called and said you got a match against some new guy called Ebba, he demanded to fight the champ. Anyways the match starts at 12am so meet me at the entrance at 11pm."

"Raquel it's time for dinner." Seth yells from outside my room. "Okay coming! I'll talk to you later. Bye Denni." I hang up and head downstairs.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

After dinner I had a shower, tied my braids into a two pigtails, I put on my green eye contacts and removed all the jewellery from my braids. 

Once I got changed I set up my bed with the wig and the pillows

Once I got changed I set up my bed with the wig and the pillows. I climbed off the balcony and slid down the pole, just how I did the last time and headed down the path leading me into the woods.

Since I didn't have time to stretch and warm up, I jogged all the way to the club.

I see Denni waving at me, I jog towards him and hug him.

"You look hot. This isn't your usual gear." Denni questions as he looks at my fit. I rarely wear gear like this but I wanted to try something different.