Rewrite the Stars | A.B pt1

Andy Barber X Reader
Part 1/5
Warning: Long and Fluff ❤️😅

original written: february 21st 2022
Edit: september 21st 2022

English is not my first language so I am sorry if there's any mistakes 🥺
------------
Y/N Pov

It had been 7 months since Jacob died, 6 months since Andy and Laurie got divorced, nobody was expecting Laurie to cause the accident that killed Jacob. Since their son was accused of murder, it only made her even more distant and by the time she caused the accident, she not only confessed it but she also reveal she had been cheating on Andy for months.

Me and Andy have always been best friends, we grew up together, did everything together, until she came to his life in college. Andy distance himself a bit but we would go out a few times, I was at their wedding and they even asked me to be Jake godmother, so his death also made me breakdown so many times. Just 2 weeks after his divorce he called me crying saying he needed me, when I arrived at his house he asked me to stay and move in with him, so I've staying with Andy, since I can't leave him alone, he's been so broken since everything happened.

*flashback*

Andy's Pov

I was sat in my couch waiting for Y/N to arrive. I just called her asking to come here, I just need her with me, I need to hold her in my arms, I can't lose her too. It would be too much.

Even before Jacob was accused of murder, I was already feeling Laurie distant, our marriage was not the same, that was just the cherry on top of the cake for our marriage slowly break.
I'm not gonna lie if I said I wasn't in love with my best friend, since at least high school, but then she started dating and I knew I needed to forget about my feelings. I started dating Laurie and we ended up married, had Jacob and I really thought she was the one,
but my feelings for Y/N never went way.

I tried to distant myself a little when Y/n got married, but I would find myself calling her every week, asking if she wanted to go have lunch or just a coffee. I was there when she told me she was pregnant, when she unfortunately lost the baby, twice, I was there when she told me her husband had died, in a motorcycle accident.
Suddenly the door bell rang and I immediately got up to open it, and there she was my best friend, the woman I really love, wearing leggings, one of my knit sweaters I gave her, so many years ago and some Nike shoes.

"Hi Andy" she softly says. "Hi princess" I say, letting her in. I have always called her that, and I love the way she blushes and shyly smiles. We sit in my couch and we stayed silent for a while, until she breaks the silence.
"Andy? Talk with me, please."
"I- Y/n, what's wrong with me" I ask, holding back the tears.

"What do you mean?" she asks. "Everything in my life just goes wrong! I thought I had someone, happiness but no, it' was all a lie" I say. "She's been cheating on me for months, even before Jake was accused, then he died, she cause the accident and now I am all alone!" I say, not able to look at her "God I'm so sorry! I'm here talking about it but God, princess, I'm so selfish, you also lost two babies and your husband, oh god I'm so sorry" I say, getting up from the couch, making my way to the attached kitchen in my house.

"Hey! Andy, look at me" Y/N says, getting up too and walking up to me. She was standing so close to me and when I look at her face, I just broke down. The tears start to fall, and I feel her wrap her small arms around my torso, as I wrap my arms around her, hiding my face in her neck while I cried.