Sick| Steve R. pt1

Steve Rogers x Reader

part:1/2
Warnings: fluff
OG WRITTEN: April 2022
Edited: September 2022

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there's mistakes ❤️
------------------------
Y/N POV

I groan, slowly waking up, as my alarm starts ringing and turn around to turn it off, my body hurts as hell and I can barely open my eyes.
It's 8:30am and I'm supposed to go train with my best friend, Steve Rogers, but I've almost no strength to get up.
Slowly, I leave bed, put some leggings, a workout bra, a t-shirt and grab one of the hodies I stole from Steve, making my way downstairs, where he's already waiting for me.

"Hey Stevie" I say, going to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, darling" he says, pulling me towards him, giving me a hug and a kiss on my forehead "Y/n! You're burning up, are you ok?" He asks, with a worried expression.

"Yes, Steve, I'm fine. I'm sure once we start training, I will be even better" I say, with a soft smile. "No, don't lie to me. I know you" he says crossing his arms. "Stevie-" I begin, but be interrupts me. "That's not gonna work, you're not working out today" he says, crossing his arms.
"Nooooo, Stevie, please" I say, pouting.
"I said no, Y/n. Now go to your room and rest" he orders. "No" I say, stepping away for him, still pouting.

"Y/N." he sighs "Please, darling."
"No, I don't want to" I say, backing away every further. "That's it" he says, coming after me.
I run around the kitchen but Steve catches me, sitting me in the kitchen counter, trapping me between his arms "Steve, let me go" I whine.

"No, you're going to stay here, I'll make you food and then you'll go to your room, let me take care of you, you're sick Y/n" he says, making me sighed in defeat.
I wrap my arms and legs around him, I'm so tired and he's so warm. "I hate you" I mumbled against his shoulder.

Steve Pov

I chuckled at what she said and wrap my arms around her, holding her tightly.
"No you don't, doll" I say, kissing her head.

"C'mon, I'm gonna make you some tea" I say, trying to step way, but she doesn't let me. So I end up picking her up, holding her against me with one arm, while making the tea and some toast with the other.
Once I'm done, I put her on her feet and she whines.
"C'mon, doll, I need to take the things and I need both hands" I say, running my hands on her back. "But you're warm" she mumbled.
"Let's go to my room then, princess."

We make our way to my bedroom, as we enter, Y/N makes her way to my bed, laying down under the covers, as I put the things down on my nightstand. When I look at Y/n, she has her eyes closed and she's hugging my pillow, I can't help but smile at her, but then the discomfort written on her face makes my heart break.
I slowly kneel down on the floor, brushing some hair out of her face.

"Darling, you've to eat something" I whisper, giving a soft kiss on her cheek.
"But-" she starts and I interrupt her. "No, c'mon sit up, we can sleep after" I say, helping her sitting up, seeing she can barely sit up straight.
I end up sitting behind her, my back against the headboard, with Y/N in between my legs, against my chest.
I gave her the tea and the simple toast I made, while I drink my coffee.

"Stevie" she whispers. "Yeah, love, what's wrong?"
"I can't eat anymore" she mumbles. "Honey" I sighed "You barely ate."
"I'm nauseous, Stevie" she slightly looks up.
I put both mugs, plus the sandwich on the nightstand and gently wrap my arms around her, rubbing her belly.

"Stevie, no it's hot" she says, taking my arms way from her. "My body hurts"
"Stay here, I'm grabbing some pain medicine and a wash cloth so you can put in your head, maybe some more tea" I say, gently getting up.

A few minutes later I get back to my room, to see Y/N fast asleep, a frown of discomfort on her face, and although her forehead was burning up she was trembling and sweating.
I gently push back the sheets and duvet and she whimpered.

"Noooo, it's cold." She whines.
"Y/N, darling" I sighed, sitting next to her legs "Sit up, you've to drink water to take the meds, then I'm preparing you a warm bath c'mon."
She slowly sats up and takes the medicine, drinking all the water, laying down again.
"Don't want to get up" she mumbles. "C'mon I'll help" I say.

I go to the bathroom, turn on the water to fill the bathtub, stripping down to my boxers. I go back to the room picking her up, and help her take of her clothes, except her bra and underwear.
I slowly put her in the water, entering after her and sitting behind, so she can lean on my chest. I wash her body carefully, feeling her relax against me and we stay there for a while.

After a while the water got cold, so I got up and helped Y/n get out. I go to her bedroom, grabbing a fresh pair of underwear and sweatpants, getting back to my room, giving her the things and one of my sweatshirts.
She lays in bed, just looking at me while I get dressed myself.

"Hi" I smile when I notice her looking.
"Hi" she says, in a very raspy voice, smiling lazily.
I check her temperature, which is still pretty high. I'm going downstairs, make us something for lunch, we can watch a movie while we eat, you've netflix and disney+ on the Tv" I say, kissing her head and leaving to the kitchen.

"Hey cap! Where have you been? Friday told me you guys never went to the gym to train" Tony says, when I arrived downstairs, followed by the team looking at me.
"Y/N sick, so I'm taking care of her" I say, while I start making some soup for Y/N, also making chicken, avocado salad for both of us, two cups of orange juice, some fruits in a bowl and two bottles of water.
Once I finish, I put everything in a big tray and make my way upstairs.

I left the door slightly open, so it was easy to enter again. When I get there Y/N is sound asleep, so I place my food on my nightstand, placing the tray with her food in the other. Sitting down near her legs I rub them.

"Doll, wake up. I've lunch ready" I softly say.
"Hmm...what took you so long" she whispered.
"I'm sorry, darling" I say, kissing her head "I was making you some soup and some chicken salad for us"
She sits up slowly and gives me a little smile, as I smile back and caressed her cheek.

"Do you need help eating" I asked.
"No, it's fine Stevie, you can also eat your food"
She picks up the bowl of soup and starts slowly eating, as I sat down on my side, starting to eat my salad. "Ohh, this soup is amazing" She says.
"Careful, don't eat to fast" I chuckled "There's more for later"

She finishes eating the soup and is now eating the rest. "Steve!"
"What?! What's wrong?! Are you ok??!"
"Where did you learn to cook this good" she says. "Oh for god's sake! Y/n, you scared me" I say and she just giggles. "My ma teacher me to cook in the 30s, but then when I woke up, I obviously needed to learn a little more so I could eat" I say, smiling a bit.

"Well, you did good, this is all amazing Stevie" she says in a raspy voice.
"Thank you, beautiful" I say, kissing her cheek. "Do you want some water" I ask.
"Noooo, the orange juice is perfect."

We eat the rest of the food in silence, sharing the fruit since I only brought a bowl.
"Hope you like strawberries and peach" I say, giving her the bowl. "I love them, don't worry" She says, smiling at me "Everything was perfect"

"I'm glad, gorgeous " I smile back "Now time for the medicine."
"Do I have to?" she pouts, making me chuckle "Yes you do, darling" I kiss her temple.

She takes the medicine and eats a few more fruits. "I'm going to put all of this downstairs, choose the movie"
"Disney?" she asks. "Whatever you want, love" I say, kissing her nose, leaving the room to go downstairs with a small smile on my face.

--------------

Hope you'll like it ❤️☺️