Chapter Four

Fuck, I can't believe I just did that to the Captain.

After making Levi some more tea and a simple cheese sandwich, Eren had been literally kicked out of the kitchen and into the hallway. The shifter was expecting it, so it didn't surprise him, but he was pissed off at himself. Where did he get the balls to hump Captain Levi in the kitchen and leave him high and dry? How did he even manage to walk away? With the way Levi was looking at him, he expected himself to snap and take the raven right there on that kitchen island. No to mention the way he begged.

Oh god, how he begged me.

Self-control and Eren have never gotten along. He's proven this more times than he could count, and ever since he got his titan abilities, it's only gotten worse. And lately, Eren's been feeling more like his other form than himself. Ever since Commander Erwin and Hange walked in on Levi and him, his body's been feeling quiet not like his own. That would explain why he was even able to shut off his embarrassment and take over the situation in the kitchen. He hardly even recognised who he was then. All Eren knew was that he wanted to kiss Levi again, any more and he would have done something he'd regret for the rest of his life.

"What a mess." He whispered. His words bounced back against the empty hallway as he paused a few steps away from the dining hall doorway. If he tried Eren could hear the hushed conversations going on with his squad. Lunch was over more than five minutes ago, so why everyone was still lingering in the hall was a mystery.

Hesitating, Eren walked the few steps towards the doors before pushing them open and slipping inside.

Eren was half expecting the room to fall silent at his arrival, but no one even looked his way. It seemed as if they weren't as afraid of him as he originally thought.

Looking around the room, Eren spotted the first squad seated at the head table a few rows down, the four members engaged in what looked like a serious conversation. Looking past the four, the shifter looked at the only other two full tables. The second squad which he was apart of looked lively. All his friends from the top ten 104th were present, while the other table held the third and final squad which had six members. Out of the six, there was only one that Eren didn't recognise. Considering he's been busy either training or getting Levi out of his head, Eren hadn't had much time to meet anyone else he didn't know.

"Hey, Eren!" Armin yelled. "Mikasa's been looking for you. Where were you?" The shifter gulped nervously as he avoided his friend's questioning gaze. Whoever thought Armin Arlert was a sweet little angel was already under the blonde's spell. Armin was a force to be reckoned with. The fact that he could take one look at a person and calculate their every thought and skill level was scary. Eren sometimes wondered if he was a reincarnation of a demon from the past.

While trying to mask his feelings, Eren sat down next to Armin in an empty seat.

"Armin." Eren dragged out, faking excitement. "Did you know the Captain's back early? I saw him headed towards the kitchen earlier."

Armin's baby blue eyes widened slightly before a small smirk curved the corner of his lips.

"Oh! Jean told me already. Apparently you suck at games?"

Bless Armin and his tact.

" Yeah," Eren chuckled, feeling quite relieved. "Horseface had a lot to say about women." He eyed the four girls sitting at their table. All at the same time, the girl's attention switched to Jean who was sending Eren a look of hostility.

"Really, now?" Ymir sarcastically asked, her question aimed at Jean who seemed to want to disappear. "And what did you say, Jean? Anything you'd like to share?"