Ignorance is bliss.

<h5 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><span class="userContent">Deja stood in the chariot looking like a lost child, attempting to not look like she was sickened by the cheers of the children being sent to the slaughter. She always hated the games, her best friend, Clove, was sent into the games. People always misunderstood Clove in the games, they saw her as a monster created for the games, but all she wanted to do was impress her father, who hated the fact Clove wasn't a boy. She died trying to impress her father and Deja lost her best friend, she would listen to the people of District 2 criticize Clove's choices, Deja just wanted to scream at the and tell them it's the Capitol that was the monster, but she promised Clove that she would not tell anyone about her father or her kind side. Maybe that was why she feared Cato, Deja thought, because he let her die, Clove's last words were his name and he never helped her. Now Deja was Clove, going to die in the hands of the past victor.

She looked up at Lucus, who was flexing his muscle and showing off, blowing kisses to the cheering fools in bright colors, it still hadn't sunk into him that, like her, he was a dead man walking. The horses came to a halt and President Snow gave a long speech about loss and fighting, but Deja's mind was somewhere else, all she could think about was getting out of the heavy jeweled vest and tight black pants.

The chariots went off into a room which smelt of sugar, Cato and the stylists were waiting for the two tributes. the chariot pulled up beside them. Lucus confidently jumped out, while Deja looked hesitantly at the floor below, she was pretty high up, but now everyone was looking at her, anxious from the peer pressure she attempted to confidently step down but instead slipped and fell forward. Her eyes closed shut and she heard every mouth in the room gasp as pressure fell upon her stomach, but no pain, she opened her eyes and looked down at the floor, four feet below her face, Deja looked up into amused blue eyes.

Cato's arms were supporting her stomach and waist, he stood her up straight and heard a snicker come from the direction District 1's chariot was, he snapped his head around and there was instant silence and the tarty blonde, caked in makeup and pretty much a golden plated bikini looked in the other direction, fear plastered all over her orange face. ''I think it's time to go to our rooms, don't you?" Cato said to them, not looking at Deja, anywhere but at her. No one said anything, ''I'll take that as a yes.'' He said and walked off, not bothering to check if the rest were following. Lucus followed with his head held high, winking to every girl in the room, even a 80 something year old stylish. Deja followed behind slowly, embarrassed, the moment Cato was out the door she heard to room burst into hushed tones and whispering. She only just got to the glass lift in time, seeing Cato press the 2 with his knuckle, not even turning his head to her direction.

The apartment was exquisite, Deja had never seen anything like it, even her father's house in District two wasn't as big as the living room. ''Pick whatever room you like, just don't kill each other, or I won't be able to have desert.'' Cato said before slumping onto the sofa, making himself at home. Deja frowned and started looking around, Lucus busying himself with a redheaded avox girl, 'hmmph, I wonder how long it will take him to realize she can't answer back.' Deja thought amusingly to herself. The moment she looked in the first room, she was pushed out of the way by Lucus, ''This is my room! Yours is the one next to it, Nallia said so, all my stuff is in here, get out.'' He said rudely before slamming the door in her face, she rolled her eyes and walked into the room named hers. It was a little smaller than the room before but she didn't care much, she would only be there a few nights. She changed into a pair of black, loose pants and a silk, white tshirt, leaving the opening ceremony outfit sloppily on the floor, but she did not care, she was drained and bother. Why wouldn't Cato even look at her?

Deja composed herself, ready and raring to go and confront Cato about why he was suddenly ignorant, it was bothering her and she wouldn't be able to concentrate until she found out. Although the sight in front of her when she opened her door made her lose her balance and need to support herself on the door frame. The door to the room opposite her was wide open and inside it was Cato. Topless. His back was facing her but even from behind it was perfect, his shoulder blades were prominent, if they were any larger someone would mistake them for wings, ever curve and line was defined and his arms were placing a black tshirt over his head, causing the muscles in his arms to bulge out. She didn't notice she was slipping down the frame until she fell on her face into the hallway. The crashing sound caused Cato to turn around and his face lit up in amusement, walking over and looking down at Deja. He kneeled on the floor and smirked at her, ''Don't worry, you're not the first girl to fall for me.'' He winked and offered his hand out to her, she frowned and got up herself, leaving him surprised and looking gormlessly at his outstretched hand. She was now towering over him, ''So now you talk to me.'' She said bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest, Cato's eyebrows furrowed and he got up, angry at her rejection, towering about her and making her feel small and week once again. ''If you really don't want me to talk to you I won't. And I won't until you beg me.'' He said angrily before turning his back on her and walking into his room, slamming the door behind him, leaving Deja alone in the desolate hallway.

</span></span></h5>