Training and falling.

<h5 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><span class="userContent">Cato lay on his bed, his work for the day was done and Deja was now off in the training center probably getting put to shame in the training center. He was going to have to go and socialize with some of the other mentors, the worst part. They all had to meet for a large banquet and talk, get to know each other and that rubbish, it was awful for Cato, he wasn't a people person.

Deja fell onto the rough mat for the fifth time. The blonde from District 1 giggled from afar, she'd been watching Deja attempt to climb the rope for the last hour. Everyone else was doing there own thing but the blonde continued to stare. Deja got herself up and went to sit in a corner, she'd had enough and needed a break from embarassing herself. She sat quiety twiddling with her fingers when a shadow blocked her view, she half hoped it'd be Cato but was suprised to see a dark haired boy, he looked eighteen, give or take seventeen. He stood with long muscular legs in red pants, he also wore a black, tight top, he was smiling down on Deja with dark red lips, his eyes were a pale green and his jaw was square, he was nothing compared to Cato but his smile did leave Deja slightly breathless. ''Hi, I'm Victor, you're District 2's Mayor's daughter? Right?" He said with an eyebrow cocked up, looking down on Deja and making her feel smaller than she already was, ''Yes, thanks for the reminder.'' She replied bluntly, ''I saw you were having some problems with climbing? I can help if you like, I'm sort of a pro.'' He said confidently, Deja raised an eyebrow and took on his challenge, when he outstretched his hand for her to take it, she took it.

An hour and three falls later and Victor had kept his word, Deja managed to get to the top of the rope climb and was sitting and eating some salad with Victor, discussing life in their Districts. The blonde from one came over and sat next to Victor, getting suspitiously close to him and immediately giggling the moment she say down. ''Oh Victor, I didn't realise you had company.'' She said in a try too hard husky voice, offering her hand to shake, ''I'm Liliana, from One, Victor's district partner and you are?" She said bitterly, not even trying to be nice, any fool could tell her fake innocent. ''Leaving.'' Deja smiled and left, putting her whole tray in the bin, unable to not feel slightly betrayed.

Cato stormed off the moment he saw Deja in the arms of the boy, laughing and blushing like a fool. He had managed to escape from the painful mentor meeting just to find her drooling over the infamous 'Victor'. Everyone knew of him, he was favourite to win the year's games, only two days in and his odds were 3-1. How was she so stupid to trust him? How are you so stupid to let her go? A voice taunted in the back of Cato's mind, but he knew why, because he couldn't bare have feelings for someone who he would just watch die. Not again. He would not be the scary nine year old all over again.

Deja spent the rest of the training period working on the plants section, it got her mind off of everything and gave her useful information on gathering food, if she made it to that point. Relief rushed over her when everyone started to leave, she couldn't wait to get her room and get a good sleep... and see Cato... No, she though, she couldn't think like that anymore. She shouldn't of thought like it before. There was no one in the lift to her relief, everyone had already gone up, good, she didn't want to socialise with any of them, no when in a week they would be trying to kill her. ''Hey hold the lift!" Shouted an unpleasently familiar voice, Deja's nice side got the better of her and she pressed the hold button. Victor ran in, breathless, ''Hey, thanks.'' He said, gasping for air, Deja just ignored him. He didn't even try to talk to her, he got what he needed, he knew she would put her newfound skill to use, an easy target made easier.

Deja walked into the room and was immediately relieved to crash onto the plush sofa, ''Sweety, please change out of those sweaty clothes before ruining the furniture, it is silk.'' Nallia said in her abnormally high pitch voice. Deja groaned and dragged herself to her room, not before catching a ''Dinner is in an hour.'' She showered and changed into a pair of thin, black trousers and a brown jumper, then dried her hair, letting it go to it's natural waves. She still had half and hour to kill and didn't feel like going out and talking to her uptight escort or arragont stylist, so she sat on her bed and resisted the urge to go and talk to Cato, who she assumed was in his room considering he wasn't in the living room the last time she checked.

Twenty minutes passed and Deja found herself subconciously reaching for her doorhandle, she couldn't keep away, no matter how hard she tried. ''Cato?'' She said while knocking lightly on his door, the door opened and Deja felt herself being dragged in by her wrist. ''What the hell?" She looked Cato up and down, he was in just a pair of black trousers that swung loose on his hips, his tones, muscular chest, bare in all it's glory, she was speechless. ''Why was you with Victor?" He said sternly, ''Deja!" He had to add, trying to get her attension but it was futile, he took a step forward and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him. ''I said, why were you with Victor?'' He repeated, Deja looked at him cluelessly with wide eyes, making Cato's heart sink, ''Don't play stupid with me! I saw you in his arms!" ''He, he was helping me climb? I needed the help...'' She said quietly, ''I fell and he caught me...'' She said, meaning nothing by it but Cato thought differently. ''You fell for him?" Cato stepped back, shocked, but Deja laughed, ''No, I was useless at climbing, he taught me to! Look, I have really bad rope burn!" She laughed sadly, trying to brighten everything. It was then Cato realised, what he was about to do, he would most likely regret, but he knew, if he didn't do it, he would always regret and always wonder about until the end of his days.

Cato took a large step foward, ''You don't need him to catch you, because I've got you.'' He snaked an arm around her good side of her waist and his free hand went to the back of her head, where he pulled her in to a long awaited, passionate kiss. They lost track off time and Deja was first to pull away, ''Dinner.'' She said breathlessly, stroking his neck, he frowned and released her waist, but kept his hand in her hair, playing with it. ''Yes, you go now, I'll come in a few minutes, after, I'll go early and you come here after ten minutes, we really need to talk.'' He said, she nodded and went to leave, not before Cato took her wrist and pulled her in for one last kiss. She left the room unseen with a huge smile on her face. Forgetting about the fact in a week they would be parted and she would be fighting for her life.</span></span></h5>