Fight for you.

Deja sat herself up and watched Cato's silhouette disappear into the distance. Haymitch tried helping Deja up but she pushed him away and just continued to stare off into the now empty distance. He left her and went to the sand domes to see if there was anything in them, the game maker had said the island was full of surprises and so far, no cannons had gone off. As he dig through them, Deja just sat looking at the sunset, it was a beautiful mixture of pinks and oranges reflecting into the clear ocean, it was like a dream, it would have been perfect but one thing was missing. Cato has been gone for hours, panic set it, Deja managed to get herself up, it hurt and she couldn't move very fast but she was determined, "Haymitch, I'm going to go find Cato, will you be okay here alone?" She asked kindly, Haymitch smiled and nodded, "Wait, I found a knife and some backpacks, I haven't opened them yet, still many domes to go and I've only done four, but each one seems to have something, take a knife and backpack?" He said and handed her the backpack and knife, she took the knife but refused the backpack, "I don't think I could carry it, I need all my strength for walking, thank you Haymitch, I'll see you soon." Deja put the knife in her waistband and waved him goodbye, scared for what awaited for her ahead.

Dehydrated and wounded, Deja instantly knew she had made a big mistake, after twenty minutes she was ready to sleep, she lost her footing and fell foward, scraping her leg on a rock, opening up some of her stitches, which she woke up with, someone had finished up what Haymitch started while she was unconscious. Probably the Capitol making sure she was alive to give everyone a good show when Cato has to eventually kill her. How confused the rest of Panem must have been, she thought as she forced herself up, ignoring the overwhelming blurry vision and blood loss. She continued walking, refusing to stop, stumbling to the ground several times but always getting back up and persevering. It was pitch black now and she didn't think she could go on, she heard someone shouting her name but she couldn't work out what was real anymore.

Cato had sat with his back rested against the palm tree for hours, his head hurt thinking about what he was going to do about Deja. He needed to stop losing his temper and storming off, but he knew his anger would get the better of him and he would've ended up hurting his best friend or her. He'd half hoped Haymitch would have died in the first round protecting Deja so then Cato wouldn't of been torn between them. He heard a thumping sound and his survival instincts kicked in, he looked ahead and saw a dark figure struggling to get up, an easy kill he thought, a cannon hadn't even gone off yet, possibly because there was no conucopia and everyone went separate ways to find weapons, but Cato didn't need weapons, he had his hands. As he neared the figure, the tables turned. There was a small trail of blood and brown hair covering an exausted face. Cato dropped to his knees and scooped up Deja's barely consious body and sat in the sand cradling her, "Deja! What the? Don't fall asleep, DEJA!" Cato was shouting at her, she mumbled and looked up, "You left and there was a sunset and I wanted you there and I fell over but I got back up because I needed to know you were okay and-" Deja's ramblings were stopped by Cato's lips, after a sweet kiss he pulled away and smiled, "You didn't need to, I was going to be back soon, I'm sorry, lets get back and get some sleep." He tried to push away the sickening guilt he felt as he picked her up, "Can I sleep now?" She said weakly, "Promise not die?" He replied seriously, "I promise." She laughed, he kissed her forehead, "Okay, but I'll wake you up when we get back there just so we get some food and water in you, Haymitch must have found some by now then we can get a good nights sleep." Cato realised he'd just been talking to himself, Deja was out like a light, breathing peacefully as he carried her back to where Haymitch was.