Living on a lie.

<h5 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><span class="userContent">Cato was awoken by the heart wrenching scream of Deja, he was in her room within seconds. She was sweating and crying in her sleep, obviously a very bad dream. ''Deja wake up!" He shook her and pinched her arm, her eyes snapping open, he expected her to jump into his arms for comfort but instead he was greeted with a hard hand hit his cheek, ''The hell?'' He said angrily, Deja caught him off guard and managed to knock him over, his head pounded from a hangover. ''What the hell was that for?!" He shouted, getting himself up and wincing at his own voice cause his head to shatter, ''GET OUT!" She cried, still in shock from her nightmare, incapable of telling reality from nightmare, his head was pounding and she wouldn't stop shouting, so he lunged forward and covered her mouth with his large hands roughly, doing the best he could to shut her up.

When Cato got a closer look into Deja's gold flecked eyes, he saw the pain in them, they were puffy and bloodshot, wide eyes starting to tear up in obvious fear, ''Hey, it's okay I'm sorry it was only a bad dream.'' He tried to comfort her in a warm embrace but instead got pushed to the floor, ''No! It's not okay! Get out! You're the problem!" Deja cried as she got up from her bed, people were gathering up outside to see what the early morning commotion was about, Cato started backing up into the doorway as Deja approached him, ''Don't come walzing in her as if you care, go back to the One girl, I'm sure she could do with someone to warm her bed, I don't!" She shouted, backing Cato out to the doorway, ''Deja, after you left I pushed her off and went and saw my friend and I-" Cato tried to explain but Deja didn't want to hear it, ''Living on one big pathetic lie. I don't care anymore, in a couple of weeks, I'll be dead and you'll have one less burden to worry about.'' And with that she slammed the door, blocking out the world and proceeding to get ready for the dreaded day.

By 7, Deja was starved and couldn't take the hunger any longer, she braved walking out into the dining room and hour before training, to her surprise, everyone was around the table, all apart from Cato. She took her usual seat, people greeting her kindly as if nothing ever happened. They are really good at looking past everything, she thought, grabbing a croissant. ''Oh Deja I'll get Lavinia to bring you your dress for tonight, Marisso had to be called away for a fashion emergency in District Four.'' Nallia said, taking a sip of a glass of wine. Deja almost choked on her croissant, she'd completely forgotten about The Tribute Ball. President Snow introduced it in the 3rd Quarter Quell, where potential sponsors would meet the tributes and get to know them on a more personal level. The thought of old men in pink suits dancing with her or even talking to her made her skin crawl, ''Must I really go?" She sighed, ''Yes, it's a chance to socialise, the nice boy from One will be your escort.'' Nallia said casually. Deja was sickened at how they paired the tributes for the Ball, they purposely done it so when it came to the games, it would be more intense watching two people who were at one point going to a huge Ball together, then kill each other in the arena.

During training, Victor approached Deja, who was not in the mood to be messed with as she sharpened a rock into a knife. ''Hey, so, you and I are going tonight and I...'' ''No.'' Deja said angrily, she looked up, continuing to sharped the rock, ''I don't want to hear and I don't care, I am not making friends and I am certainly not-'' She never got to finish her sentence because clumsily and foolishly, she lost her rhythm of knife against rock and slipped, causing the knife to slip from the rock and continue it's journey across her palm, cutting deep. She cursed aloud as blood seeped out, making her drop the very good attempt of a rock spearhead. ''Ah crap I'll take you to the Nurse.'' Victor said, helping her up and supporting her form under her shoulders, ''No I'm fine.'' She said stubbornly, ''Now is not the time to be stubborn now get over yourself before you get yourself killed before we even get in the arena.'' He retaliated, she tried weakly to get away but he was too strong as he basically dragged her, she just gave up.

After a few stitches and bandages, Victor was gone and Deja was in her room, surrounded by stylists for what felt like forever, they dressed her and refused to let her see the dress, keeping a cloak around her to protect the dress and stopping the split ends they cut out from going all over her. In the end, the stylists looked very pleased with themselves as they lead Deja to a large mirror, keeping her eyes covered and cloak around her. ''Three, two, one!" The stylists squealed and revealed her to herself. Looking back at Deja in the mirror was nothing different, still the same Deja, but she felt different. Her hair was straight and volumised, with the front of each side carefully clipped back somewhere into her hair, making her jawbone look more defined, her eyelashes were longer and darker with eyeliner around the bottom corners of her eyes to make them stand out more, her skin looked flawless with the help of some translucent powder, bronzey blusher lightly added to her cheeks to bring out her cheekbones and her full lips were left bare. The stylists had gone for the natural look and Deja couldn't of asked for it any other way, ''Thank you.'' She trembled, genuinely thankful the stylists hadn't turned her into another Capitol freak, ''That's not even the best part.'' The stylist whispered before pulling back the cloak, revealing Deja's dress. It was stunning, it was long sleeved but the sleeves were black lace, making floral patterns up her arms and across her collar, stopping just below her collarbones where it became black tight fabric, hugging her figure then flaring out slightly into a wavy skirt, finishing off with simple black ankle boots, ''How did you manage to get ahold of something so elegant and not, well, crazy?" Deja asked, mesmerized by the stunning dress, ''Your father made sure you looked presentable.'' The stylist squeaked, ''Now, go, they are waiting!"

Deja walked out of her room and was taken but Nallia to a small room where all the female tributes waited in seats, they all looked pretty and quirky in bright dresses, squealing about how amazing they looked. Deja said anxiously, she stood out like a sore thumb in black among the bright hues, what if the sponsors didn't like the natural look? Oh well, too late now. ''Escorting Lilianna from District One.'' Deja didn't hear who was escorting her but she snapped her head towards the blonde, who walked in white stilettos and a puffy gold dress which left nothing to the imagination. ''And now we present, from our very one District One, Victor...'' The voice over said enthusiastically, cheers and applauding shaking the place, ''Escorting District Two's, Deja." Her heart skipped a beat as she tried to find her feet, making her way out into the golden room, her eyesight went fuzzy as someone took her arm, everyone went silent, gasps of shock. I look bad, they hate me. She thought, she couldn't see anything and was thanking god for the arm supporting her up, who's are even was it? ''You look absolutely beautiful.'' Someone whispered in her ear, Victor. Everything started to become clearer and the first thing that capture her eyes as she was guided down the stairway was Cato, talking to Nallia, she was first to look up then her mouth formed an O shape, causing Cato to look and see what had left Nallia speechless for once, and, for the first time in his life, he was lost for words as the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on. The next thing he saw was the male tribute from One with his arm entwined with hers and his possessiveness kicked in, it took all his self control not to 1. Break the boy's neck and 2. Take Deja in his arms and kiss her with all he had in front of the Capitol's most powerful. Including a suspicious looking President Snow.

</span></span></h5>