Split.

To name the first meal in the arena awkward would have been an understatement. Although there isn't much to not feel awkward about, considering in the end, if any even, only one of them would be able to walk out alive. On top of that Deja and Cato were stuck fighting their feelings when in reality they should be fighting each other, meanwhile all Haymitch could do was observe.

'Any of you rich snobs want to donate some of your fine wines that'd be greatly appresiated right about now.' Haymitch grumbled beneath his breath, features contorting with disgust at the half dead case of salmonella on his makeshift plate.

'As if it'd get to us even if they did sponsor anything.' Cato scoffed back, causing Deja's ears to prick, but resisting the urge to snap her head up and ask, far too stubborn to be the first one to break the silent treatment, instead choosing to pick at what parts of the fish were cooked and eat silently.

'You going to eat that?' Haymitch asked her, choosing to focus his attention for food over his need for alcohol, eying up Deja's dinner that she'd barely touched.

'Leave it, Haych, look at the little thing, she's got to eat it all. Can't be going to waste on you.' The blond remarked, not once looking Deja's way, talking about her as if she wasn't even there - something that was bound to gauge a reaction from the tired, injured brunette, which he may or may not have known.

'No, it's fine-' She spat with venom, nonchalantly dropping the undercooked meat into the sad, causing a pained sound to emit from the drunkard's mouth, '- I'd rather go find something that is actually edible instead.' And with that she was on her feet, hesitating slightly to watch for Cato's reaction, testing to see if he'd let her go alone. No reaction came, his icy gaze remaining on the burnt out fire they'd used briefly for cooking. Nodding to herself, Deja turned on her feet and began trudging through the sand towards the unexplored forest, disappearing into the foliage, alone.

Seconds later, a blood curling scream ripped through the Island.