That's where my demons hide.

Cato looked at the girl in his arms, asleep before him, her face was covered by waves of chocolate hair, slightly parted lips snored lightly, it was so hard not to wake her up and kiss her. He looked at his clock and saw that it was 6:30am and people would soon be getting up. Much to his dismay, he reluctantly shook her to wake her, Deja mumbled unintelligibly, something along the lines of 'Don't go', Cato the realized she was dreaming, not wanting to intrude on her subconscious thoughts, he shook her a little rougher, ''No,'' She said clearer, ''Don't leave me to die, please, don't leave me alone, Cato.'' The end of Cato's name fades into a deep gasp of breath as Deja woke up, she was clueless so he acted as if she had said nothing, ''Everyone will be up soon, go to your room, get ready and act as if none of this happened.'' He said as casually as he could, trying to act as if everything was okay, but he made things worse, she got up wordlessly and started to leave, Cato thought quick to make her not think anything was up. He sat up on the edge of the bed and grabbed her wrist, pulling her down on top of him into a deep kiss, after a few minutes she got up, smiled, kissed his nose and walked back to her room quietly, Cato lay there, unable to gather his thoughts, how could he keep her alive, it would be more merciful to kill her in her sleep than to let her go in that arena.

Deja collapsed on her bed after her shower, trying to shake off the terrible dream she'd had. It kept replaying in her mind...

''Please, don't do this...'' She pleaded, as the dark figure holding a large sword approached her, even in the shadows, she could see the blood trickling off the sword. Light emerged and the face was revealed, it was Cato, smiling sweetly, she felt relief flush over her body and when he opened his arms invitingly, she didn't hesitate. When the cold blade went through her, she felt nothing, when she fell to the ground, not breaking eye contact from Cato, she felt nothing, but when the blonde from District one emerged from behind and snake her hands around his shoulders, twisting him and pulling him into a kiss, that's when Deja felt something, her world falling apart, shaking, literally, everything was shaking and fuzzy, she tried to call for him as the shaking got worse, he pulled away and looked down at Deja as if she was dirt, then started to walk away, ''Don't go.'' She cried weakly, ''No, don't leave me to die, please, don't leave me alone, Cato.'' That was where it had ended. Right before she woke up. Too afraid to face Cato after the awkwardness of their goodbye that morning, she purposely exited her room minutes before she had to be at training, running out the door and shouting ''Bye, lost track of time!". Cato's mind went blank as he saw Deja run by, it was the first time he'd ever seen her run and she was fast, really fast. ''Cato shut your mouth deary we don't want to see your bacon and egg mash.'' Nallia said, bringing him back to reality and shooting an evil glare to the unbearable piece of Capitol work.

By lunch, Deja was prepared to murder someone, she wasn't herself and she felt like her dream had affected her more than she'd thought. She sat alone at her table, poking at the exquisite sandwich. ''It's not going to eat itself you know.'' She heard the blunt voice in front of her, making her jump and snap her head up to see Cato casually taking a seat, ''Hmm, last time I was here I was plotting the fifty different ways I was going to kill the smart arse boy who stole my knife, in the end I stuck with cutting his throat open, mm, you chose your first kill?'' Cato said coldly, he was back to his cold self, Deja much preferred the soft side to Cato she saw last night, but when he wasn't sobbing into her shoulder. She shifted in her seat, uncomfortable with his question, she had no intentions of being a killer, more like the killed. Cato saw her discomfort and quickly changed the subject, ''You ran fast this morning, work on it for the rest of the week and you'll be able to outrun everyone.'' He said, still no expression in his voice, Deja opened her mouth to speak but was beaten by a trying to be husky but just sounding desperate voice, District one blonde. ''The infamous Cato. Even better looking in person, I didn't think it possible.'' She smirked and looked Deja in the eye as she stroked her hand across his shoulder, taking a seat, ''Oh, are you as strong as they say you are? Oh, where are my manners, my name is Liliana, from One,'' She continued talking, not breaking eye contact with Deja, even as Liliana placed her mouth to Cato's ear and whispered loudly, purposely so Deja heard, ''Everyone knows you have a thing for blondes.'' Then she faked slipping forward, slipping 'accidentally' into Cato's arms, making a pathetic 'oops', Cato just smiled in amusement, not bothering to push her away. Deja slammed her fist on the table, ''Oops.'' She said sarcastically and got up, further banging her knee on the edge of the table and hissing in pain, Cato started to get up and help, Liliana still on his lap but Deja mouthed a 'Don't bother' before hastily walking out, ignoring the snickering.

For the rest of training, blonde Liliana from One was no where to be seen and when Deja got in, neither was Cato. Sometime at 8pm, during dinner, Cato walked in and took his usual place at the table and ate silently as if he had been there all along, his hair was a mess as if he had just got out of bed, his jacket he had been wearing earlier was gone. Deja's mind was flooded with heartbreaking thoughts and she bit down on her cheek so hard to stop herself crying, an iron liquid filled her mouth and she could feel her roast start to come back up, she covered her mouth and made a run for her room, where she proceeded to throw up in her bathroom, locking the door behind her. Everyone knocked and asked her if she was okay, even Lucus and her Stylish who hated her seemed concerned, everyone apart from Cato, her ears had been deprived of his low, enchanting voice since lunch. She took her second shower of the day and let the water mix with her tears and she shut the world out, praying to not wake up the next morning.