Interlude- Discovery

"Now you know how I feel."

Shikaku sounded amused as he watched Tsunade go over village reports, damages, expenses for those damages, and about a billion complaint letters from the general public as well as business owners.

He was glad someone else had finally taken his bad luck.

"Curse all of this!" Tsunade was already fed up and she hadn't been Hokage for thirty minutes yet. "I need a drink!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Tsunade-sama," Shizune said sternly as she carried over a large stack of papers that had just been delivered. This was one of the hundreds. "Right now isn't the time to be drunk, especially since you're the Hokage."

Shizune didn't know what made her have a change of heart, but it still brought a smile to her face. It made her think about her Uncle for some reason. Seeing Tsunade working his dream was most likely the reason. And she would help as much as she could.

She giggled despite herself when Tsunade grumbled like a child.

"Do not worry. I'm here to help you and I'm sure Shikaku-san wouldn't mind lending a hand."

Said Nara had left the room as soon as she had stated his name. He had the decency to leave a note saying he had something to check out.

Was that decency? She was pretty sure that was an excuse.

She laughed after reading it.

"Ahahaha, guess It'll just be you and me."

"Yea, yea," Tsunade grumbled once more and pointed to the stack of paper Shizune had just brought over. "Just hand me that. I have a feeling I'll be up until next week with this crap."

Shizune couldn't help but smile once more.

XxX

"I, THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA HAS RETURNED BACK TO THE VILLAGE!" Anyone who knew the only person to say those words definitely knew who that was.

Well, it was more like yelling than saying.

"WHAT HAS HAPPENED?!"

Someone Body Flickered next to him but the Green Beast didn't panic because he knew who it was. The person grabbed his shoulder.

"Guy... you're late."

Funny he would be the one to say that.

In a rather dramatic fashion, Guy pointed at Kakashi accusingly as he leaned away.

Were those words appearing behind him?

"HOW DARE YOU EVEN MUTTER THOSE WORDS! HAVE YOU NO SHAME, MY GREAT RIVAL!"

How dramatic.

Kakashi only raised an eyebrow, very used to the behavior from Guy. He used his one finger to lower Guy's. "Save the dramatics for another time. I have to fill you in on what's been going on."

Guy's face had gone serious and he nodded. Kakashi saw how he was now serious and went on the give him the full breakdown.

XxX

"I'm sorry, Izumi-san. But I don't know when she'll be waking up."

Izumi had been in the hospital room with Anko ever since she had been admitted. She had to know if her best friend was ok or not. And this answer, well, didn't really answer her question.

Her dejected face had the doctor feeling bad himself. But he couldn't do anything to console her. He didn't want to give her false hope in case things went south. He excused himself shortly after, leaving her alone to her thoughts.