The briefing

Obito had put in clothes and left with his team. As they walked through the village with Minato leading the three Genin, Obito was looking around and re-familiarizing himself with the village. They walked through the Market District of the Village, walking past all types of stores and people. This was perhaps the most busy part of the Village and the fact that they were walking through here when they were already late was a wonder.

"Oi, Sensei," Kakashi called out, dodging another civilian as they went on their way. "We're already late, so why are we going through this part of the Village?"

Minato smiled as he turned his head slightly to his student. "Well, like you said, we're already late so we might as well have a good view while we get there."

Kakashi deadpanned. "You know, Sensei. Just because we're already late doesn't mean we can waste even more time by taking unnecessary detours."

Rin beside him chuckled nervously as she gave out her own opinion. "I agree with Kakashi. We should've just teleported to the Hokage's Office so we wouldn't have to walk. Isn't it bad to waste the Hokage's time? He's always so busy."

At this Minato could only give a sheepish chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

Silently seeing the interaction, Obito really didn't know how to react. Seeing them all alive and well again was something he just wasn't mentally prepared for. Especially Rin, who he was the farthest away from. More often than not, he found himself looking away from her simply because he wasn't able to. Not for very long. It always brought him back to when he held her lifeless and bloodied corpse after killing the Mist Ninja that captured her.

He grimaced, turning his face to look at the stores and shops they crossed on the way. Reminiscently the Uchiha picked out the stores he frequently visited as a Shinobi of the Village and it brought back memories. Memories he suppressed for so long that now it was like he could see the memory play along as if watching a movie.

The grimace had slipped away from his face and was replaced by a trance like stare. The only thing keeping him moving was instinct alone as his mind wasn't on his surroundings anymore. Each place he past by that had a significant memory was played in front of him, even if another was already doing so.

He was thrown back to reality when a hand gripped his shoulder. He stiffened as he came back and looked slowly up the arm until he meet concerned azure eyes that greeted his natural onyx ones. The eyes felt as if they were piercing through his soul, able to see what was going on with him. Just as Naruto's had.

His gaze had also met the concerned worry look of not only Rin but, strangely enough, Kakashi. He felt suffocated in the attention he was receiving, not at all used to it from, well, anyone. He could only stare when Minato spoke, his voice dripping with concern as he spoke slowly.

"Obito, if there's something going on; you'd tell me right? I'm always here for you, you know that. So, what's going on today?"

Words formulated in his mind to respond, but the words never came out. He clenched his jaw, his mouth shut as his eyes widened as it kept its stare into Minato's. Those eyes wanted, no demanded the truth and nothing but that, and Obito so badly wanted to tell him everything. To heave everything that was plaguing his mind and cry out and beg for forgiveness. He so badly wanted to tell him the truth, but he knew he couldn't. So, he stared and said nothing with a jaw that clenched and unclenched over and over as if in a rhythm.

Rin took his hand into hers, giving him an almost pleading look she muttered, "Obito."

Even with Rin holding his attention with her own heart wrenching look he couldn't help but be thankful that he looked away from Minato's. He didn't know if he'd breakdown and say everything on his mind like his body urged him to. He was uncomfortable with lack of control over his emotional state. It wasn't something he was used to.