Chunin Exams

Obito was walking through the village, in deep thought about the exams. He knew that if he just straight up killed Orochimaru then Hiruzen wouldn't die. But the problem was that Tsunade wouldn't need to become Hokage if Hiruzen wasn't dead. And they aren't the same people at all. They have drastic differences on different matters and he didn't want Hiruzen to make a decision that Tsunade wouldn't make. This was just gonna have to be a sacrifice he had to make in order to keep things predictable.

"So your brilliant plan is to let it all happen again?" Kurama questioned in Obito's head. "Leave it to an Uchiha to come up with a plan like this. Your ancestors would be proud."

'assa Tch. I don't see you thinking of anything.' Obito responded internally. 'If you have a better plan spill it.'

"Hn. I don't have time for it. I'm going to sleep to get my chakra back." The fox said, closing his eyes in Naruto's seal. "You're on your own. Brat." He finished before his voice cut out of Obito's head.

Obito sighed tiredly. He didn't want Hiruzen to die but he knew it was for the best. But he'd make sure no one died unnecessarily, even if cost him his own life.

"What's got you thinking?" Kakashi asked slightly surprising Obito who was so deep in thought that he didn't sense his presence. "You know that's dangerous."

Obito playfully rolled his eyes, turning his gaze forward. "Very funny asshole. What's up, anyway?"

"Nothing much." The man answered, bringing his signature book out. "Just recommending my team for the Chūnin Exams."

"What?! Really?" Obito asked, turning to Kakashi with a surprised look. "Why all of a sudden? They've only been on one real mission."

"Well, I wasn't planning on to really." Kakashi started, looking up in thought. "To be honest I was gonna wait till next time like Guy did."

"But?" Obito persisted.

"But I thought against it." Kakashi finished looking back down at his book. "I feel like they're prepared, and on the plus side they'll be forced to work as a team."

"Huh. Well, it's not like it'll make them work as a team necessarily. I mean it didn't really help me and you." Obito said, smiling at Kakashi while reminiscing. Kakashi chuckled lightly. "That's for sure."

X.X.X
Uchiha Compound

Sasuke was stocking up his supplies in his room as he thought about everything he heard about the Chūnin Exams. He didn't hear much only that he needed to be careful of the Forest Of Death that would be the second part of a 3 stage test. He wondered what the other parts of it we're gonna be and how he and his team would fare.

He shrugged not too worried before jumping off his balcony and making his way to the meet up stop. He walked up to Naruto getting punched by Sakura which was nothing new. At least he had some simplicity in this fucked up life of his. Maybe if he became Chūnin then Itachi would tell him the truth about the Uchiha Massacre. That was probably the main reason he wanted to even participate.

"Walk up slowpoke! Or we'll be late!" Naruto yelled as Sasuke walked up to them.

"Shut it, dobe. I'm already here so let's go." He said walking past Naruto and started towards the building where the first exam was going to take place.

X.X.X
Akatsuki

Kisame and Jūzō were walking through the land of fire—their objective was to locate and capture the nine-tails Jinchūriki.

"I don't know why we have to capture this little runt," Jūzō complained as he and Kisame walked through a forest that wasn't too far away from the Leaf. "It's unbefitting for members of the Seven Swordsman of The Mist."