Chapter 8: Harker

"You're not my slave." But the idea intrigued Harker. Alison at his beck and call, doing everything he told her to do, submitting to his every command, eager to please him in any way he wanted. He'd make it good for her. His subs only complained when he left them.

"I may as well be."

"You have no idea how far you are from that position."

"Please." She rolled her eyes. "I'm here all the time. I do whatever you want."

"Not whatever I want." If she did, she'd be on her knees with his dick in her mouth.

"Name one thing that you wanted me to do that I didn't." She gave him a superior look.

He had to bite his tongue. Answering that question would be like tossing a rock in the water when the fish was nibbling on his bait. "We can talk about that later. Right now, we should discuss the details of your co-ownership."

"Oh. Yeah. Right." She smiled, a bit sheepishly. "I got sidetracked."

"You always do." It kept him awake at night wondering if she also got sidetracked in bed. He was mission oriented, but she'd be all over the place—first one spot and then another. It'd be unpredictable and exciting.

"Not always." She made a face at him and he almost smiled. She was the only one who ever made him smile from joy, not triumph. "But yeah, please tell me the details. I'm warning you though, I'm done working all hours seven days a week."

"Even for five percent ownership?" Merri and Tobias each owned fifteen percent, so that'd leave him sixty-five percent. Well over the fifty-one percent needed for control.

"Five percent?" She seemed less than thrilled.

"It'll be worth millions, maybe hundreds of millions."

"Oh." Her eyes grew distant.

He'd give her a few minutes to spend that money in her dreams, make her want it, see it. Let her envision what a life with that kind of money could mean. Then he'd reel her in. "Imagine what you could do with that money? You could start your own business."

"I could buy my mom a new house or fix that one." Her eyes almost glowed. "We could tear it down if she wanted and start from scratch."

"You could. Numerous times."

"I could buy a place nearby for Aunt Tiff too."

"Yes." He was astounded by her generosity. Most people thought of what they could do for themselves, but not her. He'd chosen well and it was time to feed her dreams. "You could start that program that you've talked about—the one to teach impoverished children how to use computers."

"I could give even the poorest kids access to computers." She smiled. "I could do so much."

"Yes, and the money will keep coming in. The software will have to be updated and maintained. We'll make it more marketable. We'll improve it and enhance it."

"Like a living thing." She smiled softly. "Sometimes I feel like it's my baby."

"Funny you should say that."

"Why?" She focused on him for the first time since he'd said millions. "I created Angel Face. I know it's not a real person, but it is part of me."

"Because that's what I want to discuss with you."

Her nose wrinkled, she did this when she puzzled something out and he found it adorable. "I don't understand."

"The other part of the deal. The part that you must agree to if you want co-ownership."