Chapter 24: Harker

"It looks like playrooms four and nine are available. What are you in the mood for tonight, Dahlia? The spanking bench and bed or the hoist?" Harker kissed her hand.

"You're the master." She ran her fingernail down his chest. "You decide."

"Mr. Harker, one moment please." Damon, one of the bouncers, strode toward him.

"Excuse me." He kissed her hand again and turned toward the bouncer, his nerves humming. There was no reason for this interruption. He'd paid his dues. They were both consenting adults. "Yes, Damon?"

"Ethan would like to speak with you." The bouncer nodded at Dahlia.

"Hello, Damon." Dahlia smiled at him and then teased, "Harker, please tell me you haven't done something to get kicked out of the Club?"

"Hardly." He had a pretty good idea of the reason for this delay. Ethan might own the sex club, but the man was an old-fashioned romantic at heart. "Tell him I'll talk to him later." He tugged on Dahlia's hand. "The spanking bench would suit me perfectly tonight." He needed to take out his frustration on someone and she liked it hard.

"Sorry, sir." Damon stepped in front of the door. "Ethan said to insist."

"Bloody hell." He dropped Dahlia's hand. "Go inside and get ready for me. I'll be right there."

"Actually," Ethan strode into the hallway. "Why don't the two of us go into the playroom. Dahlia can wait out here with Damon."

"Ethan." She gave him a warm hug. "I'd hoped to see you tonight."

"It's nice to see you again, Dahlia." Ethan smiled at her.

She touched his cheek. "You're looking even more haggard than Harker." Her hand trailed down his arm as she glanced over her shoulder. "Master, may I ask him to join us?"

"Sure." He and Ethan had shared women before but that was years ago when Ethan had been fun. Now, the man spent more time alone in his office than fucking in the Club.

"Thank you, but not this time." Ethan kissed her cheek. "Give us a moment, please."

"Sure. I'll wait at the bar."

"Not necessary," said Ethan. "This should only take a minute." He walked into the playroom.

Harker was confused. If Ethan were going to lecture him on being here without his wife on his wedding day, then removing Dahlia from the picture would be the most logical thing to do. Maybe this had to do with something else. He followed the other man into the room, closing the door behind him. "Is there a problem with my account?"

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

His first assumption had been the right one. "I don't need to explain myself or my actions to you."

"Of course not but I consider you a friend."

"How wonderful for me."

Ethan gave him a dirty look. "Go home. Get back in bed with your wife."

"No." If only it were that simple. "Is there anything else?"

"You're not going to listen to a word I say, are you?"

"Send Dahlia in when you leave." Harker walked to the small bar in the room and poured himself and Dahlia a drink. Ethan could go fuck himself. He deserved this and it wasn't like Alison would care.

"Sure." Ethan gave him a disgusted look. "Come see me when you're done." He strode to the door and opened it. "Dahlia, he's all yours."

She walked into the room and stopped, so close to Ethan that her breasts brushed against his arm. "You sure you won't join us?"

"No, thank you." Ethan glanced at Harker a smug look on his face. "But you may want to congratulate him on his wedding."

"Mother fucker." Harker's fist tightened on his glass.

She laughed. "He doesn't believe in marriage." Her eyes darted to him and the laughter fled. "Harker?"

"It's not a real marriage." He could salvage this. She was logical.

"It's true? You're married?" she asked.

"Yes, but it's temporary." He moved toward her. "I want a child. She wants a business." He ignored Ethan's snort. "As soon as she has my child we'll divorce." He took her hand. "I swear."

"You're serious. It's not a real marriage?" She turned toward Ethan and Harker wanted to shake her. He'd been her master. Her dom. She should believe him.

"That's what he told me too," said Ethan.

"But you don't believe him?"

Harker met Ethan's gaze over her head.

"I believe he thinks that's the case."

"There's nothing to think. It's fact. It's in the contract." He tugged on Dahlia's hand. "Look at me. If I were truly married, I wouldn't be here with you. You know me. I'm not like that. I was faithful to you." She was still unsure but there was a softness to her gaze that hadn't been there a minute ago. He could fix this. "Go away, Ethan. Dahlia and I need to talk."

Ethan paused but when Dahlia didn't say anything, he nodded. "Okay, but you may want to ask him why he's wearing a wedding ring if this marriage is such a sham."

"I forgot to take it off."

"Forgot?" asked Ethan. "I'd think it'd feel foreign on your finger since you just got married this afternoon."

"Today? You got married today?" Dahlia almost screeched and Harker knew exactly how she felt.