Chapter 21: Alison

"Why are you so nervous?" Ellie grabbed Alison's arm to stop her from pacing. "It's just sex."

"With Harker." Alison grimaced. "The man is probably going to be barking orders at me the entire time."

"I'm sure he won't." Ellie took Alison's hands. "He'll take one look at you and—"

"He'll say," Alison mimicked Harker's voice. "Alison, what are you doing? Stop making those noises. And for God's sake stop talking and do what I'm paying you to do."

"There's no way he'll say those things." Ellie laughed.

"I bet he does." Alison giggled. "He already has said those exact things to me many times." She looked around Harker's large bedroom. "I need another drink." She started for the door and stopped, glancing down at the lingerie she wore. It was a present from Ellie, and it was beautiful. White satin and lace that barely skimmed the top of her thighs with a low-cut neckline and lace covering her breasts. She also wore a robe of sorts. It matched the lingerie but was completely see through. The entire outfit was stunning. Too bad it was on her body. Her small breasts and wide hips didn't do the garment justice. "Go get me a drink. Even though almost everyone is gone, I can't walk around the house like this."

"I think you've had enough. You don't want to pass out on your wedding night."

"Actually, that sounds like an excellent idea." Alison tried not to laugh when she pictured Harker's face when he saw her passed out on his bed. "Harker probably wouldn't mind. At least I'd be quiet. He hates it when I talk all the time and I always talk a lot when I'm nervous and"—she grabbed Ellie's hands—"I'm so nervous. Please, please, please get me another drink."

"Relax. You know him. He's a good guy. You even like him."

Alison snorted. "As a boss not as a...man with a penis."

"That's a new way of referring to a husband. They should add that to the ceremony." Ellie lowered her voice to sound like a man. "Alison, do you take this man as your lawfully wedded man with a penis." She giggled. "That'd get some attention."

"I can't believe I'm married." Alison dropped onto the bed. "I have a husband. What am I supposed to do with a husband? I know what most women do with husbands, but I can't. It's Harker."

Ellie sat next to her. "It's just sex, Alison. You've been saying you need to get laid and now you will. On a regular basis. Be happy." She hugged her friend and kissed her on the cheek before standing. "Call me tomorrow unless you're too busy getting lucky."

"Don't go." Alison clung to her hand. "As soon as you leave, he'll come in here."

"That's the point. It's already late. Everyone else left hours ago." Ellie squeezed her hand. "Relax and enjoy it. He's a man. You're a woman. It'll be fun." She tried to pull her hand free, but Alison wasn't ready to be alone with her husband, Gus Barker.

"Please get me another drink. Then you can go. Please."

"You don't—"

"I do. I really, really need another drink."

Ellie sighed. "Let go of my hand and I'll get you another drink but then Adrian and I are leaving."

"You know, the two of you should stay. We'll make a fun night of it. The four of us can play cards or watch movies."

"Harker would kill us both. He's been staring at you like a starving man all day."

Alison made a gagging noise. "It's Harker. I just don't see him that way."

"You should open your eyes because the man is gorgeous."

"No, Adrian is gorgeous."

"He is but Harker has that dark, brooding look that should be making your panties disappear." Ellie studied her friend. "Why isn't he?"