Chapter 49: Alison

"Let's sit here." Harker stopped at a large, round sectional couch in the back of the Club. There were tables on each end and a large coffee table in front. If there'd been a TV it would've been like any normal living room–except for the crowd of people and the stages.

Alison sat, tugging on her skirt. This one was tighter than the one she'd worn last night. Her eyes skimmed over Harker's ass as he sat next to her.

"Are you checking out my butt?" he asked.

"I like those jeans." She did. His ass looked great in his dress slacks but something about form fitting blue jeans made her insides melt.

"Enjoy tonight because you won't see me in them again."

"You don't like them? How can you not like jeans? There's nothing more comfortable besides maybe sweatpants." She giggled. "Oh, that's what I'm picking next. I have got to see you in sweatpants."

"I wear sweats."

"You do not."

"I do."

"When?"

"When I work out."

"When do you work out?" She'd spent almost every waking moment with this man, and she'd never seen him exercise.

"Every morning." His eyes roamed over her body like a warm caress. "Today's workout had been much more pleasurable than most."

"It was nice."

"Nice?" He growled. "It was a hell of a lot better than nice, and you know it."

"What's wrong with nice?" She fought a grin. She'd used that term to rile him. Today had been wonderful. They'd spent most of the day in bed having sex until they passed out and then doing it again. He'd woken her many times with kisses and his cock. It'd been way better than her alarm clock.

"Nothing if you're describing a cup of tea but when you're talking about sex with me then—"

"Hey Harker, can I get either of you something to drink or eat?" A waitress came over, she was cute with short, light reddish-brown hair and a wide smile.

"Hey, Katie." Harker turned toward Alison. "This is Katie and Katie, this is Alison, my wife."

"Hi, Katie." The words came out like a croak and she cleared her throat. It'd been the first time he'd introduced her as his wife. She hadn't expected it. It was true but it was also only temporary.

"Nice to meet you," said Katie.

"You too." Alison's gaze dropped to her leg where Harker's hand now rested possessively on her upper thigh. His long, talented fingers only a flick away from her pussy. She looked back at the waitress as she grabbed his wrist, trying to unobtrusively push his hand closer toward her knee but the damn man tightened his hold on her thigh.

Katie's gaze dropped for a second then lifted, a hint of laughter in her eyes. "Did you want to order something from the kitchen or just drinks?"

"Drinks." Harker captured Alison's hand with his free one and lifted it off his. "Alison, would you like wine or something stronger?"

She wanted to tell him she'd like him to remove his hand from between her legs but instead said, "A wine cooler would be nice. Strawberry if you have it. If not, then something else berry flavored."

"Got it," said Katie.

"And I'll have bourbon on the rocks," said Harker.

"I'll be right back." Katie headed for the bar.