Step three in how to screw up your afterlife

Wilbur POV

"What the f*ck do you mean we were never real? We had a life! We had family, we had friends, we had enemies, we had allies, we had l'manburg. That—that started everything— that made us who we were. That made me who I was. If we were never real, than how could that be? But it was all so real, it all felt so real. Dream, he—he was real, right? He's out there, he's not a ghost. They all are, all but us. Was it all a lie?" I said, frantically starting to pace back and forth. My eyes were going wide, my hands on my head. What the f*ck was he talking about?

"No, Will, it all was real. We weren't. Let me start at the beginning." Karl started. "Gods used to be in our world, multiple, each with there own nation, there own area. DreamXD was the most mighty of them, next to the creator. To the Gods he is known as the apprentice, for he was the only one who the creator taught how to make from nothing, to make life, but with every day, his creations would draw more from him. It plagued him, its disease came slow but just as painful. He had his area, just as the others, and he would take from this world who he chose to take. He took niki, fundy, dream, George, bad, sapnap, qauckity, everyone."

"Everyone but Phil, Techno, Ranboo, Tubbo, Tommy, you, me." I said, breathlessly.

"Exactly, XD didn't want to steal people. To rip them away from their lives. So he stopped, he started something new. He created life, he created us. He made you guys first, and me because he knew he couldn't keep going forever. Will, you guys were made to have a life, I was made to be an apprentice. That was my only purpose." Karl continued.

"Why didn't he make one of us his apprentice?" I questioned.

"He did. Why do you think Ranboo had memory problems? Being his apprentice takes the one thing that matters most, it takes your memories, it messed him up so bad that XD had to stop before it got worse. And so he created me, and even then it's taken a toll on me. In the end he used the last of his power to destroy everything he had built, and himself. That's why your ghosts. Because you couldn't exists as anything else....until today." He said, carefully.

"Until today?" I asked.

"I found a way to make you live again, it's the same way XD let me." He replied.

"Let me live again!" I yelled, all too quickly.

"Wilbur. It comes at a cost, I'm not XD, I can't make it perfect like he did. It will take the one thing XD tried to make sure you would always have. It will take your memories, all of them. Everything."  He replied, seriously. That's when I knew I was screwed.

I was shaken. I wouldn't remember anything, anyone, my friends, my family, my past, my present, L'manburg.

"It's not worth it then. I just have one more question, why tell me this?" I said.

"Because you need to know, but you can't tell anyone. Under any circumstances. Not unless I give you specific instructions to do so, understand?" He said, looking directly into my eyes.

"Okay, I won't." I said, then looked down at my watch. "Oh sh*t! It's way to late, I've been gone for hours. I have to get back."

"Bye will!" He called after me.

"Bye!" I called back.

Time skip brought to you by your guardian demon

The run home wasn't that long, about 10 minutes, but by the time I got home I was exhausted, however I was still more scared of Phil's reaction. Right now I would rather spar Technoblade than deal with his scolding me. I walked in late at night to Clay sitting on the couch on his phone, in an otherwise deserted living room. He looked up and turned his phone off walking to me. I couldn't tell if he was mad worried or both, but as he got closer I realized he was just concerned.

"Wilbur, where the h*ll have you been?" He said, as he was closer to us.

"Relax, Clay, I was only gone for a few hours. I didn't realize you would be this worried." I laughed, trying to make it funny.

"You were gone for about eight and a half hours, you didn't tell anyone where you were going, and you didn't have to deal with Phil, Tommy, and Techno. Tubbo and Ranboo calmed Tommy, but techno and Phil weren't so easily convinced. They're all in the kitchen now. Are you okay? You kind of stormed off earlier and you looked upset. I overheard Phil and techno they said something about they knew this would happen when they saw me walk through this door. Did I do something?" He asked, frantically.

"Huh? Oh yeah I am. No, you didn't do anything, you just-um-you look like someone I knew in my past life. It was just a lot of memories and emotions, and then I met someone else and it was a lot. I'm sorry to worry you and that you had to deal with that." I said, apologetically.

"No, you're fine, Im just glad that you're alright." He chuckled, slightly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said. "I should probably go to the kitchen now."

"Yeah, that would be good," He wheezed. "Sleep well, Will."

"Night," I replied walking to the kitchen, to see Phil and techno sitting at the table, although they quickly rose apron my entrance. "So, uh, where's the gremlins?"

"I sent them up stairs." Phil said, as the two of them walked over to me.

"The real question is where the f*ck have you been?" The pinknette asked.

Step three in how to screw up your afterlife; stay out a few to many hours too late, find out a secret, and find a way to cover it up.

Word count: 1018
So um a vote or comment wouldn't hurt. And I'll try to update more regularly. Sorry, I've been at camp.