Well i'm screwed

Wilbur POV

"Clay only has three more days to live."

Well f*ck. That's—that's not good. That means I have three days to figure everything out, without lying about my answer. Phil said he'd know when it's the right answer so I have three days to spend with Clay. Three. I'm. Screwed.

"Wilbur...I'm—I'm so sorry." He said.

"You don't have anything to be sorry about," I muttered. "I do."

"Will it's not your fault—" he started.

"I need to go. It was good talking to you." I interrupted.

"There's still a way—" he tried again

"I'll see you later." I said, walking out. I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now.

"WILBUR SOOT!" Karl shouted at me, so naturally I was startled and turned around, surprised to hear him yell. "I've been trying to tell you that there is a way to save him, even though it's a difficult price. Just when he is on the cusp of death, bring him to me, but if he's already died, I can't help."

"Oh, right. Thank you Karl." I said.

"Have a good day, Wilbur." He nodded.

"You as well." I replied, walking out.

Time skip brought to you by a cupcake

"Will! Hey!" Clay said bursting into the room.

"Hello love." I replied.

"Wowwwww so cleshé." He laughed. "Anyways, guess who won in mini golf!"

"Hmmmmm. George?" I teased.

"Im hurt, Wilbur. Im hurt. I thought you would have a little more faith in me." He whined, pretending to be hurt.

"Okay, okay. So how much did you win by?" I asked. "If it's more than five we'll go out for ice cream."

"Yes! Ice cream! And it was 14 for your information," He smiled. "Sapnap came in second and George failed miserably."

"Wow, Clay with the carry." I mocked.

"I know, I know, I'm great. Now Ice cream." He said, laughing maniacally,  pulling me out of the room.

The rest of the day was nice, ice cream, movies, cuddling, it was good. The next day went the same, I floated around after him and his friends as they filmed again. They've been doing that for a while, one; to post, and two; for fun. By the time they're done, they chill by either streaming and playing Minecraft, or just watching a movie. At the end of the day, me and Clay went out for ice cream. It was good. The third day came around the same, me more anxious then the other days, for obvious reasons. He made it through the day, and I thought we got it wrong, that he could live for longer. I had fun that day, it was good. But of course all good things must come to an end.

"This month has been so much fun." Clay laughed, while we were walking to the ice cream shop.

"Yeah, it has, I just wish we could be normal, you know?" I sighed.

"Wilbur you lived eons ago, in a place that I can't even find as a myth," he started. "What part of us was ever meant to be normal? Why would we want that anyways?"

"Because then I wouldn't have to worry about my past, and how it's still affecting my future."

"What do you mean 'affecting my future?'" He asked. "What's going on?"

"I've met you before. In one of your past lives actually," I started. "But I don't remember it. I erased each time from my memory, and now I'm scared I'll forget you."

"You don't have to do that Will. You know that right?" He said.

"I know, but I'm afraid I have no choice."

"There's always a choice." He told me, trying to comfort me.

"That's what I'm afraid of," I stated. "but that's not important right now, we have time together for me to figure things out."

"Exactly." He said, as went back to our normal banter, until everything went to sh*t.

"Watch out!" Clay yelled, pushing a women and her daughter out of the way of a car that didn't have time to stop. One of its tires was malfunctioning and the driver couldn't control it. I just saw wish clay had been quicker too, that was such a selfless way to go but as far as I'm concerned he's not going yet.

By the time the driver got out of the car, and the ambulance was called Clay and I were gone.  I raced down the street, luckily we weren't far from Karl's. Clay was dragged more than he was walking. He. Couldn't. Die. Not again.

"Come on, Clay," I pleaded. "Don't die on me."

"Will I-I'm sorry."

"No, no. You don't need to be sorry. You aren't dying. You aren't going to die. Please," I begged. "Please you can't die. Keep your eyes open."

"Wilbur, there's no point. A car ran over me. You can't save me." Clay reasoned.

"I can't but he can." I said, opening up the door to an expecting Karl.

"Wilbur," he nodded, acknowledging my arrival. "There's the famous dream reincarnation I've been waiting to meet. Bring him in here."

I did as I was told and set him down.

"Save him. Please Karl, I can't lose him." I begged.

"It comes at a price." He warned.

"I'll pay it." I told him.

"You don't know what it costs." He reasoned.

"I'll pay it." I repeated, more sternly.

"It costs your life. You lose him no matter what, it's just everyone else would lose you too." He told me.

"But would he would survive, correct?" I asked.

"He would." He said. But it would cost you your memories, of the SMP, L'Manburg, Phil, Techno, Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Dream."

"But he would survive?" I asked again.

"Yes." He answered.

"Then I'll do it. Just let me talk to him first." I said.

"If you insist." He said as I walked over to where Clay was laying.

"Hey," I said, softly. "Just keep your eyes open, please. You can rest soon, it will all be over soon."

"Will—Wilbur. Let me go. It's okay." He said, using his remaining strength to wipe tears off my face.

"You'll be okay Clay. You'll be okay," I said. "You can rest now, we'll be together again soon." I hope. I saw him close his eyes. I grabbed a nearby pen and notebook and tore out an empty page. I started writing. And then I saw a bright light.

Word count: 1078
Soooooo now it's getting interesting! I hope y'all enjoyed!