Theres no afterlife left to screw

Clay POV

I woke up to an somewhat hard bed, and as I opened my eyes I saw Daryl, Nick, and George around. I recognized the room to be a hospital room, and I was the reason we were here.

"Clay! Are you okay?" Daryl asked.

"I'm—I'm fine? What happened?" At this point I'm just confused, but slowly the memories are coming back. Where's Wilbur? What the f*ck did he do?

"Do you not remember?" George was now sitting down next to the bed, instead of standing over me.

"No?" I lied. D*mn I've become way too good at that. "Should I?"

"Well we got a call from a random stranger and he said he was walking back to his apartment when he saw you pass out." Nick informed me, walking back into the room. "I've told the doctors that you're awake, we just need to fill out some paperwork and you should be discharged. Here's your clothes."

"Don't just throw them at him!" Daryl scolded.

"He caught him did he not?" Nick shot back.

"Just leave already, idiots. I need to change." I laughed, walking into the bathroom. By the time I finished and came out they were gone, but I wasn't alone. A familiar family of ghosts was waiting for me.

"What really happened?" Techno walked over very threateningly. If I was anyone else I may have been scared. "Where is my brother?"

"I don't know where he is, I don't know exactly what happened but I can tell you what I do know." I responded.

"And what's that, Clay?" Phil asked.

"Wilbur and I were walking to get ice cream when I saw a mother and daughter almost get run over. I pushed them out of the way, but I wasn't quick enough. I should have died."

"But you didn't?" Tubbo asked. "How?"

"Let him finish explaining and maybe we'll know." Ranboo tried to laugh, failing to lighten the mood.

"I don't know how. I remember Will dragging me down the street, begging me to stay alive," I stared. "We went into this- this apartment and I remember that the other person called me Dream, was I in your past life? In the SMP? All I know is Will said he would sacrifice—sacrifice something. It's all blurry, I'm sorry."

"And you don't know what he did?" Tommy gulped. I looked down, guiltily, and stuffed my hands in my pockets where I felt a crumpled piece of paper. When I pulled it out and flattened it out I recognized wilburs loopy and rushed writing. He wrote a note before he left, and it wasn't just addressed to me.

"What's that mate?" Phil asked.

"It looks like Will left a note before he died," I stated, before reading it out loud. "I'm about to sacrifice everything, and I'm sorry but I will do it again and again and again if I had to. Im not dead, in fact, the opposite, I'll be alive again. The one problem with that is I won't remember anything, so this is my last goodbye.
Phil, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but I finally have it all figured out. The question I mean, I know the answer. Love. Neither happiness nor memories mean anything without it, so I hope you can understand why I had to do what I did.
Techno, you were the best older twin I could ask for. Thank you for everything, and I'm sorry for the times I've betrayed you. I'll miss you, but I'll always be there, in your memories. I'm sorry.
Tommy, if chaos was a person it would be you. You have been the best little brother I could ask for. Thank you for keeping me company through L'manburg and everything after. Thank you for always listening to my music, Im sorry for everything,
Ranboo, Tubbo, take care of Tommy for me, will you? You might not have been officially adopted by Phil, but he's as much of your father as he is ours, just as you guys are my brothers. I'm sorry.
Clay, hey. I'm sorry, I know you won't quite know what happened, but know that I'm sorry but it's worth it. I said I didn't want to forget you, I didn't want to lose you, but I'm afraid that would happen no matter what. I'm just doing what I can to protect you. I—"

They were all crying, even techno, though he turned away as to not show emotion. Tubbo was hugging Tommy, with him crying into his shoulder, and Ranboo arms loosely around the both of them. I'll never know what that note would say, and quite frankly I don't want to. There's enough pain in there already. I wiped my tears and walked out of the room, it seemed more like a family matter, and without Wilbur I no longer feel apart of their family.

"Hey, you okay?" Nick asked when I walked up.

"Yeah, why?" I lied.

"You just seemed a little wobbly and upset." He shrugged, as we caught back up the others. I never want to be in this hospital again.

"Clay, are you going to be okay in time for tomorrow?" Darryl asked.

"Yeah, what exactly are we doing tomorrow again?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you forgot again!" George laughed. "A huge meet up, remember?"

"Oh yeah, wait with who?" I laughed.

"Nope, I'm not telling." He giggled.

"Niiiiiiick," I begged. "Will you tell me?"

"Nope! Sorry, I guess it's a surprise." He high fived George.

"Darryl?" I tried, one last time.

"Sorry, muffinhead. No can do."

"You all suck." I laughed before we fell into a comfortable silence, and I looked outside the window. I felt bad about leaving everyone at the hospital, but I just couldn't be there any longer. Not like I got an escape from thinking of Wilbur anyways. It seemed everything I saw reminded me of him, the ice cream shop, the music, the countless shops, the jokes he would have made, at some point I even thought I saw him walking in the streets, but in the end it was nothing more than illusion. A simple trick of the mind. I guess a broken heart is a small price to pay when you're not the one paying it.

Word count: 1051
I hope you guys enjoyed this! And POV besides wilbur, that doesn't happen often enough. A vote or comment would be very much appreciated! See y'all next time!