Screwed up love

Clay POV

Tonight. I'm going to see William tonight. I'm going to tell him the truth, tell him everything he's needed to know, everything I've wanted to tell him. Tonight.

I only have to wait about... nine more hours. Cant be too hard, right?

"Clay," I heard a a short blond say. "Phil says we all need to talk. You, me, him, Tommy, Techno, ranboo and even Karl."

"Karl?" I questioned. "Why Karl? Cant he just talk with us?"

"I don't know. After me, Tommy, and ranboo left he and techno came down and told me to go get you and sapna—Nick. You and Nick, and Raboo to go get Karl. He said it's important."

"Then why hasn't he asked before?" I asked.

"I don't know," he admitted. "I guess it's because Nick knows the truth now, it's just...let's go."

I nodded to him and started to go for the door.

"Clay?" Nick asked from behind me. "What's happening? Who were you talking to? One of the ghosts? And what's it got to do with Karl?"

"I don't know, but Phil needs us right now." I answered.

"But I won't be able to see him, he's a ghost." Nick pointed out.

"I don't know, Nick," I answered. "All I know is that the crow father has requested us, and I learned from Wilbur it's best not to disobey him."

"Then let's go," He stood up. "George and Darryl won't be home for another hour or two."

We walked downstairs as I saw nicks face pale, and he stopped frozen in his tracks. He looked like he has just seen a ghost, and that's when I realized, I think he had just seen a ghost. Well more like five.

"Cl—Clay," he finally spoke. "Are these people who you were talking about—are these the ghosts?"

"Yes," I replied. "And if you can see them, someone has a lot of explaining to do."

"I know, but Karl can explain that, I have something else to tell you, something you all needed to hear," Phil spoke up, techno nodding along. "Hi Nick, I'm Phil, this is Techno, Tommy, Ranboo, and over there is Tubbo."

"Nick, I'm sorry," Karl said walking over to him. "I'm sorry, this isn't the way you should find out about all of this."

"Hey, it's okay," Nick said, smiling a crumpled smile. "It's okay, I know now."

"Thank you," he smiled back, than turned towards the rest of us. "Clay, you asked how Nick can see them, well, I found a spell barrier in XD's old scrolls. It allows anyone who knows of the ghosts can see them."

"So Wil can see us!?" Tommy realized. "I'll have my brother back, Wilby would be able to see us again and we could fill him in on everything and—"

"Tommy," Phil interrupted. "That's what I need to tell you guys. Wilbur won't be able to see us, he gave up his life with us, and this was an unfortunate cost."

"Oh." Was all Tommy muttered in reply.

"Also Clay, if you are to tell William of who he once was, you should know about who you once were."

"Who was that?" I asked, afraid I already knew the answer.

"Dream." He responded. Look who was right.

"So what? Wilbur just saw me as Dream?" I practically yelled. "That's the only reason we were together? That's all I was to him? Another version of a f*cking terrorist!?"

"Is that not the very same way you saw William?" Techno asked.

"Continue, Phil." I glared.

"Clay," Phil started, keeping direct eye contact with me. "Wilbur was always the one to say you two were different. When everyone else forgot, he was the one to remind us. I'm only telling you this to remind you that William and Wilbur are very alike, but don't forget they are different people."

"Thank you Phil," I said, looking at the time. "Thank you, thank you everyone, it's getting late, I have to go. Thank you!"

I jogged out the door, and started my walk. I was heading to the ice cream shop we went to, I still knew his favorites, and figured it was a good way to start to make peace. I ordered and went fir the beach. As always, it was deserted, all except for one brunet sitting on the beach, staring out to the waves, and the moon shining brightly back.

"Hey Wil," I greeted, as he turned around. He gestured for me to sit down, and I followed suit, handing him the ice cream. "I, uh, I got you this, I figured it was a good peace offering."

"Y-yeah." He blushed. "How'd you know what I would want? This is my go to order?"

"That's what I was hoping I could explain to you," I said. "Wil, this is all going to sound insane, I'm going to sound insane, but I need you to believe me. Please."

"Oh-okay." He agreed.

"Thank you," I started. I explained everything, our past, his past, everything I knew, I explained it all, and he just listened. I broke down and he listened, he listened to everything. "I think that's everything, and I guess all I'm trying to really say is, I'm sorry wil. God I'm so sorry, for everything. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner?"

"I—I had a family that I just gave up?" Was all he could bring himself to say, and he just looked down and shook his head upon my weak nod as an answer. "They must hate me."

"No wil," I said, reaching for his hands. "They don't hate you, they could never hate you."

"And what about you?" He asked. "I abandoned you and didn't even have the decency to remember."

"William Soot," I said. "You are not, and will never be the guy who abandoned his family, who abandoned me, you are different than him—better than him. Don't forget that."

"Why?" He asked.

"Why what?" I questioned back.

"Why don't you hate me?" He replied.

"I could never hate you, Wil, I—I love you," I said. We both blushed upon realizing what I said. "No-no, I mean, uh, well i don't love you, that is, um, unless you love me, but I mean you don't have too, it's really no big deal, just forget I said anything, yeah I didn't say anything, I just said I could never hate you than stopped talking. Yeah that's what happened—"

I felt him push up against me, pulling me close. His lips against mine. One hand loosely in my hair, and the other on my waist keeping me there. It was soft, and gentle, and wonderful.

"I'm sorry," he blushed. "It was the only way I knew how to shut you up."

We laughed a bit, before a question struck my mind.

"What does this make us?" I asked.

"Whatever you want us to be," he replied. "Though I would prefer the term boyfriends."

"Boyfriends it is." I smiled, leaning into his warmth, resting my head on his shoulder, as his head rested on top of mine. He hummed a soft and calming melody.

"I promise I'll never abandon you like I did as a ghost." He whispered in my ear.

"No empty promises," I whispered in reply. "Remember?"

"They're not empty," He said. "They're going to be fulfilled for as long as I walk this earth.

Our love has always been different, it always will be. We've always had a screwed up love.

Word count: 1260
WOO LONGISH CHAPTER POG
REALLY JUST CHAPTER POG
Yeah I've been busy, sorry y'all, hope you enjoyed this though! Please leave a vote and a comment if ya liked it!