Turns out I screwed up my afterlife a long time ago

Wilburs POV (isn't it always?)

"Are you ready to know the truth?"

"...I think so."

"This isn't the first time you've met Clay—well dream. You've met him before, countless times." Phil said.

"Uh, hate to break it to you Phil, but I think I would remember if I met a reincarnation of my past lover." I laughed, awkwardly

"No, you wouldn't, you couldn't. Each time you met him I gave you a potion to make you forget." He responded, looking guilty.

"Why the f*ck would you do that, Phil!? What made you think 'oh hey let's take away YEARS of my life, who knows, CENTURIES of my middle child's life!' Who gave you the right!?" I screeched.

"You did." He stated, simply.

"I what did what now?" I asked, baffled.

"You gave me the right. You told me to. After like the tenth time he died," he sighed. "You said the pain was too much for you to handle."

"Watching someone die from old age!? Isn't there more good than bad!?" I exclaimed.

"He didn't die from old age, Wilbur. He didn't even make it to old age," he sounded so guilty, I couldn't help but feel bad. "He does before he was thirty. Every, single, time."

"Wha-What? Why didn't he-he make it to old age? Why didn't he live past 30?" I asked, quite frantically if I'm telling the truth.

"We don't know will, that's what we've been trying to figure out. That's where techno goes every other night, to try to find answers," Phil sighed, pausing for a second. "We think that it's something to do with the fact that he's named after XD, or something with XD."

Well sh*t. So I know answers that may help them with there dilemma—maybe XD lives through him too, and he can't survive to long in human for without being reset—but I can't tell them any of this. Karl said I couldn't, and while I don't like listening to others, if he really is the messenger for XD than I have to have faith. This. Sucks.

"Oh, yeah, um, that's plausible." I tried to sound like I was telling the truth, but I don't know if believes me.

"Anyways," he said, septically. "You gave me a recipe of the potion you've been making. You said you tested it out on Tommy, you didn't do anything major just made him forget a day, and you thought it would work."

"And did it?"

"It did."

"And I let you time and time again!?"

"No, you never knew. You said it was better that way, you told me to only stop whenever you knew what meant more; memories or happiness." Phil spoke, softly. He looked as though he wanted that to mean something to me. Unfortunately, it didn't make me remember anything. "So each time before I made you forget, I asked you that same question and each time you couldn't decide. Happiness couldn't be found without memories, but what's the point of memories if there's no happiness? Do you have an answer Will?"

"...Sadly not." I sighed. "There is no option I would choose."

"Then I'm afraid I'll have to do it as well. Will, I'm begging you, please, find an answer to the question. An answer you mean, he said I would know when it's the right one. I don't want to take your memories too. Not again." He begged.

"I'll try Phil. I'll try. Thank you for telling me, I'm glad you were honest." I said.

"Now could you tell me what really happened on your 'walk?'" He asked, hopefully.

"I wish I could," I sighed. "But at last I'm afraid I'm not able to. I was told not to."

"Told not to? Told by who?" He questioned.

"An old friend. Sadly I cannot tell you more."

"Will you one day? When you're ready?"

"I hope. When I can."

"Goodnight Will, Sleep well, I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight dadza."

I floated up the stairs, a longing to see a certain blonde, stronger than usual. Of course with the information I now have, it would make sense.

I floated into the room and climbed into bed next to clay.

"Hey." I said, softly.

"Hey." He responded, a slight smile on his face as he moved over to lay on me more. I wrapped my arms around him, feeling a smile for on my face. I wish I could have just stayed like that forever.

"I never want to forget you, Clay. I never want to lose you." I whispered.

"You never have to. I don't want to lose you either," He whispered back. "Promise me you won't leave me, promise me you'll always find your way back to me."

"I won't, cause I'll never have to come back, I'll always be there." I smiled.

"You better." He laughed. We layer there fir a moment, saving the feeling.

"I like you clay, as in more than a friend."

"Well that's good, because I like you too. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"But you're alive, I'm not. How would George and Nick and Daryl react to you dating someone they can't even see?"

"They don't have to know. We can just tell Phil and Tommy and the others, it doesn't really matter. As long as I'm with you I'm happy. I'd stop talking to them just to be with you."

"You'd really give all that up for me?"

"For you, Will, the world."

If only he knew the weight of those words, and how much they mean to me. It was the last thing dream said to me, just to me before I died. That's the phrase I had remembered for thirteen and a half years stuck in that limbo. That's the reason it was a train station, because I knew he would one day be there to get me out.

We payed there fir a while as I heard him doze off, tonight I would rest. Tonight I would just be me, but tomorrow I set out to find the truth. Tomorrow I find my so called 'friend,' Karl, and I find out what the f*ck he's not telling me.

Word count: 1037
Hey. So I've been trying to update more, I hope y'all enjoyed! Pls vote and comment if ya want and have a great day. Don't forget to hydrate!