I'll screw up someone elses afterlife

Wilbur POV

I woke up the blond once again on my chest, I looked over at the clock and saw it was 9:30. I figured I should wake him up because I know they were planning on shooting a vlog around ten. That should give me the perfect amount of time to go confront Karl.

"Clay," I said, nudging him slightly. "Clay, it's time to get up. You vlog in half an hour."

"But I don't want to get up. You're comfy." He mumbled.

"I know but you still have to Vlog today, get up. You'll have fun." I tried to reason with him, then I realized that wouldn't work, so I tried the next best thing; Bribery. "We can go out for ice cream m tonight if you do."

"But the fact is, I can barely get off of my mattress." He sung-said

"Did you just—Did you just f*cking quote your song at me?" I asked, baffled.

"Maaaaaybe." He smiled.

"C'mon, up," I said as I picked him up and set him on the time of the bathroom. "I have to go out for a while. I should be back before you get back from vlogging."

I floated out of the room and down the stairs into the kitchen. I could hear Nick and George screeching at each other from upstairs, dream wheezing and Daryl yelling language whenever they cussed. I laughed quietly to myself going to get something to eat.

"Hey mate." Phil greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Dadza," I responded, grabbing and starting to peal a banana. "I'm going to go out for a while, I shouldn't be gone too long."

"Okay, just make sure to stay safe." He warned.

"Phil. We're ghosts," I stated. "What's gonna hurt me?"

"You never know." He called as I started to head out.

I walked past streets and allyways for about 20 minutes before coming to the apartment complex I was looking for. I went up to Karl's room and walked straight through the wall into his living room.

"Why the f*ck didn't you tell me!?" I screeched at Karl, who jumped slightly.

"Oh, Alex I forgot I have a...business meeting I have to attend to," He said, sending me a slight glare. "I'm sorry, next time I Will make sure it's a more convenient time and I don't have someone over."

I could tell that last part was about me barging in when a Quackity reincarnation is over, but I honestly couldn't care less. I thought that Karl was going to be honest with me, but just like everyone else he's lied.

"No that's fine," 'Alex' said picking up his stuff and putting it back in his bag. "I should probably get to work anyways. A Casino isn't going to run itself."

"Have a great time," Karl said, pecking Alex on the lips. "I'll se you at dinner?"

"Wouldn't miss it." He responded, shutting the door behind him, as Karl turned around.

"Why on earth would you come barging in here? This better be a matter of life or death." He said, sharply.

"It is, It's about Clay." I hissed back.

"Clay?" He asked.

"Dream. His reincarnation," I informed him. "Why wouldn't you tell me he dies every time before he even turns thirty?"

"I thought you knew." He stated, simply

"Clearly not." I rolled my eyes.

"But you've lived this ghost afterlife for so long," he said, confused. "I thought you would have met a reincarnation of him before. At least enough times to know."

"I have, or at least I've been told that. Apparently after like the tenth time he died I wanted to forget all his reincarnations and so I had Phil take away my memories each time until I could answer a question." I said, annoyed at my last self. "Apparently I said he would know when it's right."

"And he's done that every time since then?" He questioned.

"Yes. And I never knew until this time." I informed him. For a messenger from a literal God, he sure doesn't know much.

"And you're here why?" He asked.

"I thought you were lying to me." I shrugged.

"And what were you going to do when you told me you knew?" He asked again, a little to sarcastic for my likings, I never knew how sarcastic he really could be.

"I was going to have you save him." I replied.

"Wilbur...It comes at a steep price." He mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear.

"I'll pay it, whatever it is." I said, a little to quickly. "I don't want—I can't have—him dying again. Not because of something from my past."

"It's his past too." He replied, trying to make me feel better.

"No, it's dreams past. This is Clay, and no matter how much I want him to be Dream he's not, just like I'm not the Wilbur you remember." I sighed. "We've all changed, gradually over time obviously, but changed none the less. I can't have those memories of him dying, it would bring back too many from the smp. Please, if there's a way to save Clay, please, let me do it."

"Hold on, hold on. Let me process all of this. XD told me something before I left, he said it in the midst of all the madness, before he left." He said, before going to pick up a scroll from one of the walls. "A chosen eight is all that will remain, on the 12th sunrise to come love will burst up in flames. A gift given for a gift received, the seven left broken until they've grieved. When a powerful love and  fates interests aligned, two tragedies will be forever intertwined."

"What the f*ck does that even mean?" I groaned.

"I don't know! XD rhymed when seeing the future!" He exclaimed. "Prophecies saw the great wars, L'manburg, I saw it all in the archives. We just have to figure out what it all could mean."

"So a chosen eight....who could that be?" I said, trying to get on with this whole 'phrophecy' thing.

"Let's see, there's you, me, Phil, Technoblade, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo." He listed. "Who could the last person be?"

"Clay, or I guess Dream. He was named after XD, what if that's the reason he keeps dying?" I suggested.

"That could be it," he agreed. "What's next? Let's see...the 12th sunrise....what could that mean?"

"I don't know! I've never done this prophecy thing before!" I snapped.

"Wait, today's the 9th right? The 9th of January?" Karl said, panicked. "What if it's talking about the 12th day of the new year."

"Which could only mean one thing..." I started to say. I finally had put two and two together.

"Clay has three more days to live."

Word count: 1146
Sorry this took me so long! I was working on my new book (also dreambur, don't judge me ok!) that's called stranded, it would be great if y'all went to check it out! Make sure to sleep! See y'all later!