Singularity

I stay in my room for the next couple of hours, doing homework and eating the snacks Taehyung brings me. I don't want to be around Yoongi, afraid he'll be angry that I attacked him.

Although I have to join the rest of the family for dinner.

I sit next to Taehyung, feeling out of place in the middle of this genuine family. They joke around with each other, making it obvious that they actually like the people they call family.

Taehyung makes me a plate, and when he sets it in front of me I glare at him.

"How am I supposed to eat all of this? Do you think I'm fat?" I yell at him.

His mom laughs but he sheepishly apologizes. "You don't have to eat this." He says, sectioning out a miniscule bite.

"What's that gonna do?" I argue.

"Don't worry, honey. Taehyung doesn't think you're fat, it's just something alphas do. He doesn't want you to be hungry. I heard it makes them feel useless." Mrs. Kim explains.

"Not useless, mom. Inadequate. If Jungkook doesn't eat that then Taehyung will feel like shit. Eat up." Yoongi butts in.

I grumble, but Taehyung's watching me closely, so I avoid his eyes as I shovel food in my mouth.

He smiles, so I glare at him again, trying to chew angrily.

"You're going to make me fat." I warn Taehyung once I swallow.

"As long as you aren't hungry."

"Yoongi, what happened to your face?" Mrs. Kim interjects.

Yoongi smirks at me.
"I slapped Taehyung, but he was too close to Jungkook. The omega didn't like me hitting his alpha, so he protected him."

"He's not my alpha." I grumble softly. I look at Taehyung to make sure he didn't hear.

"Yeah, I think hyung just scared him." Taehyung agrees.

Mrs. Kim doesn't answer, instead looking at her plate.

Everyone stops talking for a while and eats, trying to avoid confrontation with Taehyung.

After a while Taehyung speaks up again.
"Eomma, Jungkook's going to live with me. In the apartment."

Mrs. Kim's head snaps up.
"Absolutely not. Why would you think that's a good idea?"

Taehyung's confused, and I watch him struggle to speak.
"Well, my apartment's closer to school, and I don't want to leave Jungkook here. He agrees. Why don't you think it's a good idea?"

"Taehyung, he's an omega. An unmated omega. He's going to get moody and throw tantrums and go into heat. He's going to smell irresistible, and you won't be able to see through his tricks. Omegas get what they want, Taehyung.

Also, how will you support the both of you? Your job doesn't pay very well, and you need to save up. I'm not trying to bully you, baby, but you don't know how to take care of an omega. He'll be pregnant within months if you live together, alone."

"I'm on birth control." I argue.

"Sweetie, that's only one of the issues. He's never put an omega down, he doesn't know how to calm you." She adds.

"Mom, that's part of instincts. Taehyung'll know how to take care of him when he needs to." Yoongi speaks up.

"Yoongi." Mrs. Kim gasps. "Can't you see how this will end?"

"Yes. It will end with the two mated. They're already basically there anyways, give Taehyung a chance to prove himself. He's got to have his first omega eventually." Yoongi answers.

I growl at him. "Only omega. Not first." My cheeks turn red and I look down.

Mrs. Kim covers my mistake. "Jungkook is right. He shouldn't just be a trial, someone to practice on. If you do this you better prepare. And you have to take responsibility, Taehyung. I will not raise a child for you."

"I'm not going to get pregnant, Mrs. Kim," She glares at me. "Mama. I'll just live with him. That way I can focus on my studies. I'll have my own space to do homework and not have to worry about being a burden to you." I coax.

"Sweetie, you're not a burden. I love having another omega around. I hate always being surrounded by alphas."

Taehyung and Yoongi both look at her.
"You literally made me-"
"You asked me to come here-"

"Hush." She interrupts them. "But you're right, I guess. You need your own space to grow and nest."

"Yeah, and if there ever is a problem I can call you and it'll be fine. And you told me when I first got here I'd have to make sure Taehyung was well fed, right? This way I'll cook for him. I'll make him fat, I promise. Don't worry." I soothe her with a smile.

She gives me a weak smile in return. "I told you omegas always get their way, Taehyung. Remember that. I'll let you go, but you have to stay here during your heat."

"Okay." I agree.

This is shorter than the others, but I wanted to stop it here.