On the Other Side

This is our last chapter (of the old version) the plot is still the same, though, so we'll still reach this point in the new version.///

Taehyung heals before Jaebum, and he's back in school with me before long.

He's got a funky little limp that the doctor says isn't a problem, but he hobbles a little when he walks. I think it's cute, and it makes me protective over him. I don't let alphas too close to him, and when he's talking to one of them I watch them carefully.

I start to sit down in my chair, coming back from the bathroom, and Taehyung bristles and holds my skirt down.
"Jungkook, why is your skirt so short?? I just saw everything." He looks around to see if anyone was watching, and I sit on his hand.

He pulls it away with an 'ow'.

"I want you to see everything, alpha." I flutter my eyelashes at him.

He makes a face at me. "Then why are you wearing it to school? We were at home all weekend. You could've worn it then."

I giggle, not responding. I turn to face the front and an omega across the room throws a piece of paper at me. It hits me in the face, and when I look up she mouths something at me.

I squint, acting like I can't read her lips. "What?" I whisper, and her lips move again. I shrug, still acting like I'm trying hard to read her lips.

She gives up and points at the paper on the ground.

I pick it up and unfurl it, intentionally looking only at the backside where there's no writing. I make sure she sees me not reading her message, then stand up, smoothing my skirt back down.

I walk to the front of the class, folding up the paper and handing it to the teacher. "Um, sorry, that girl asked me to give this to you." I whisper, calling the teacher away from her binder.

She follows my finger to the girl, nodding and taking the paper with a polite smile.

I walk back to Taehyung, making eye contact and smiling when I hear the teacher gasp at the front of the classroom.

"Iris Cho, you go to the principal right now!" Mrs. Sang screeches as I take my seat, making sure to look confused when I turn into her sight. She glances at me, her face red, as Iris gets up, trembling, pulling her shirt back down over her baby bump.

---

"Jungkook, what happened back there?" Taehyung asks as soon as we step out of the class at dismissal.

I shrug, reaching behind me for his hand. He takes it easily, and I smile.

"That pregnant girl must've been one of Jaebum's flings. She wrote shit on that paper she threw at me, so I told the teacher Iris asked me to give it to her."

"Kookie. You scare me. I'm glad you can protect yourself, though. It makes me feel more comfortable having you around all these people." Taehyung replies.

I pull him by his hand out the school doors, stepping out into the parking lot.

Taehyung fumbles for his phone in his pocket, struggling to stay at my pace. I stop walking and press against his side, looking at him as he checks his messages.

Taehyung blushes when he catches me staring, swallowing as he rereads the message. He puts his phone up, nudging me towards the car. "Yoongi says his friends stopped by today, we gotta get you into a different skirt. Come on, Kookie." He says.

"What? Why?" I chuckle. He opens the car door for me, playfully shoving me inside. I watch through the windows carefully as he makes his way around.

"Because most of his friends are alphas. The only one who isn't is Jimin, and he's probably worse."

I laugh at his response. "You're right."

"So it'll be- just so you know- Yoongi, his old friends Seokjin and Namjoon, his.. friend Hoseok, and Jimin." Taehyung clarifies.