Brand New Day

Mrs.Kim has the boys disassemble Taehyung's bed to take to the new apartment.

I sit in the corner of the room, watching Taehyung. He's unscrewing the boards while Yoongi holds them, and I watch his pretty hands drop the screwdriver.
I look up to see him blinking at me, a blush spreading across his face. He sputters, attempting to say something, but Yoongi steals his attention away, glaring at me.

"Jungkook!" Mrs.Kim calls from downstairs, the front door closing.

I hesitate but go downstairs.

She sets some grocery bags on the counter. "I got you some necessities while I was out. Suppressants, stronger blockers for Taehyung, intimate wash, chapstick, lotion... I've given Taehyung and Yoongi my card to take you shopping, so make sure  you get clothes and stuff for your bedroom. Taehyung has to go to work later, he's called in sick since you got here."

"O-okay. I can go by myself, they don't have to come." I say, putting the stuff back in a bag to bring upstairs.

"Yes, Jungkook. You can't go alone, and you can't just take Yoongi, I know he left a bad first impression. And Taehyung is too easily flustered to be alone with you the whole day, with you trying on pretty skirts and stuff." She argues.

"Right." I say with a pout.

"Tell Yoongi I said to bring Jimin. he can help you pick stuff out, and you won't be stuck with two alphas. Go get dressed, as soon as they're done with the bed you all have to leave."

I grumble as I walk back up the stairs with the bag, setting it on Taehyung's dresser.
"Yoongi-ssi." I grumble, not looking at him.

"What?" He snaps.

"Mrs Kim says you have to bring Jimin." I tell him, sitting down next to the bed.

"Get me my phone then." He says, now holding the screwdriver. "I think this is the wrong screwdriver. Must be why it's not working." Yoongi adds quietly. "It wasn't your fault, Tae. I'm sorry for saying it was."

Taehyung smiles. "It's okay, hyung."

Uncomfortable, I decide to be a little bit nice to Yoongi. "Um, is your phone downstairs, Yoongi-ssi? Do you want some water while I'm down there?"

He looks up, his expression blank. "Don't start that courting shit on me now. I'm not into that."

I sputter, feeling my cheeks heat up. "I was trying to be nice, but forget it, knothead." I bite back.

Taehyung looks at me, shocked. "Jungkook, that's not nice." He says quietly.

I feel my stomach screw up. I'm nauseous now, and I kind of want to apologize. Instead I feel tears well up in my eyes, and I stand up, stumbling out of the bedroom.

Mrs.Kim sees me on my way to the living room.
"What happened?" She asks quickly, coming out of the kitchen and wiping her hands on her apron. "Did he say something?"

"Kind of. But it was Taehyungie oppa." I answer, wiping my eyes.

She gasps. "TAE-"

I interrupt her quickly. "I mean, it was actually me who said something mean, but Taehyungie oppa made me feel bad about it. Yoongi hurt my feelings. He embarrassed me, so I called him a knothead. And Taehyungie oppa told me it wasn't nice. I know it wasn't, but  i- I- he's disappointed. In me. It doesn't feel good. At all. Do- I mean, can you bring Yoongi his phone?"

"Nevermind, I've got it." Yoongi says from the doorway. I look away from him. "You didn't hurt my feelings. And I'm not going to be nicer to you or anything. I treat everyone like this.  You'll have to deal with it."

"I doubt you treat your omega like this." I retort.

He shrugs. "I don't have favorites. I guess you'll see later, won't you?" Yoongi turns to the stairs, then adds, "And that whole disappointment thing, it's another omega instinct. You took his response as rejection. That's why you're emotional." He waves over his shoulder, finally going back to Taehyung's room.

Mrs.Kim slowly sneaks back into the kitchen, leaving me alone on the couch. I look for my phone, but it's not in the pocket of my sweatpants, and I scowl, assuming it's upstairs.

I briefly consider asking Mrs Kim to get it, but I change my mind quickly. It would be pathetic to send her up there just because Taehyung's mad at me.

I sigh and lay down, not even wanting to find the tv remote.