You Kill Me (In a Good Way)

Someone shakes me awake, and I open my eyes slowly.

"You didn't tell me Jaebum was still messing with you, Jungkook." Taehyung says, holding out my phone.

I blink.
"You're not mad at me?" I ask.

"I mean, I don't like you talking to him, but I'm not mad."

"No, about me being mean to Yoongi-ssi." I clarify.

"No, I was never mad at you. You didn't tell me Jaebum was being mean to you." He repeats, handing me my phone.
I take it and glance at the messages before answering.

"He's always been mean to me. It's nothing new. I didn't think you wanted to know. You can't change it." I sit up, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"Has he been calling you those names this whole time?" Taehyung asks.

"Yes. It's not a big deal, oppa. It doesn't bother me anymore." I say as I put on my shoes.

"Where does he live?"

I look up, incredulous. Taehyung's jaw is clenched, his eyes dark.

"No. Seriously, it's not a big deal, Taehyung. Why are you.. don't freak out about it. You're not going to fight him again."

"Give me your phone. I'm sure you put his address on his contact, huh? Let me see, Jungkook." He repeats.

I shake my head.

"Give it to me. He's not allowed to talk to you, and especially not like that. I'm going to show him where his place is, since he didn't learn the first time." Taehyung holds out his hand.

"You can't. We have to go shopping."

"We can stop on the way." He takes my phone from my grasp, swiping up to get in. Taehyung types for a minute, then his phone dings. He hands mine back.

"Oppa." I whine.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks, ignoring my protests.

"Yes." I grumble.

"Come on then, We're going to pick up Jimin on the way to Jaebum's house." Taehyung reaches for my hand and I give it to him.

"Taehyungiiie. Your wounds haven't even healed from last time yet." I resist as he pulls me out of the front door.

"Exactly. He thinks I won't do anything to him."

Yoongi's already outside, sitting in the driver's seat of his Hyundai, his fingers tapping against the steering wheel.

Taehyung opens the door to the backseat for me and I slide in, him climbing in to sit next to me. Once he's seated he buckles my seatbelt and grabs my hand again.

I blush, looking carefully up at him.
His cheeks are red, but his eyes are sharp and angry, looking straight ahead as Yoongi pulls out of the driveway.

The car is silent as the older alpha drives, no sound but his fingers making a beat, looking mindlessly out the window. His black hair shines in the light streaking through the windshield.
It curls prettily against the nape of his neck, much shorter than Taehyung's but still long enough to cover part of his scent gland when he turns.

For the first time I have a thought that Yoongi is an unmated alpha, eligible enough as a mate to entice me.

I whine loudly, digging my face into Taehyung's side when I notice how easily my thoughts strayed.

I inhale his scent, reconfirming that he's the alpha I want and not Yoongi, a nasty mean alpha who only plays with omegas.

I hear Yoongi ask what's wrong with me and Taehyung accidentally saves me.
"He's nervous because I'm going to beat up his ex." Taehyung answers.