⋇⋆ 007

"Fushiguro-san, do you mindif I help you find themurderer?"

if I help you find the
murderer?"

"Fushiguro-san, do you mindif I help you find themurderer?"

After sometime,
Dining room,
Late afternoon...

Second Person's POV

"Here comes the last french fries~ Aight, open it now!"

You urged playfully as you motioned the last yellow french fry stick toward Megumi like a plane. The boy excitedly opened his mouth before you fed him with the yellow rectangular-shaped food.

Megumi munched the french fry to his heart content. The last one felt special, as you were the one who fed it to him. You chuckled , your finger poking his puffed cheek. "Plushy squishy cheek~"

Megumi giggled with gleefulness, enjoying his teacher's loving treatment toward him. Toji tucked a smile at his son and you. It had been so long since he witnessed this golden sight-- his son interacting happily with a woman.

The last time he saw that genuine smile belonged to the young boy was when she was still alive.

"I will take care of the dishes." Toji suddenly spoke up before rising up from the chair. His hands were carrying some dirty plates. You were about to offer to help, but he had walked away first. Leaving you and Megumi alone.

The spiky-haired boy was humming a lullaby which piqued your interest. "That lullaby sounds beautiful.. I wonder where you learn it."

"Um...from my mommy..." Megumi suddenly became hesitant to talk. He looked away from you, staring off into the blank space. You were bewildered by the unforeseen change of attitude.

' Mommy? Wait... Speaking of his mother, I just realize I haven't seen her yet...' Curiosity washed away the confusion , making you inspect the house. You noticed no sign of other human being besides you and the two Fushiguros.

Perhaps the mother was working.

"Ah, so you learnt it from your Mommy. She must love singing that lullaby to you, since you seem to remember it pretty well."