⋇⋆ EPILOGUE

"Justjce was served

"Justjce was served."

EIGHT MONTHS LATER...

(Y/n)'s POV

Eight months had passed...so many events took place in my life. Surprises here and there.

Seishū-san didn't take this very well the first time he heard his dear fiancee was a murderer. He was in disbelief. Him, his family and Yūjo's family. They couldn't believe in me. Thinking that I only framed her since she got me fired.

But once they heard the recording I recorded that night, everyone -- even Seishū-san -- were disgusted by her.

She was alienated and worse, disowned by her parents. Seishū-san broke the engagement and his family cut their tie with her.

This revelation hit Toji the hardest. He felt betrayed and utterly speechless. To think that his wife's best friend would commit such unforgivable crime out of jealousy.

Yūjo couldn't hire a lawyer to defend herself. She didn't have any money or power to do so.

Toji and I had been going back and forth to the court for Yūjo's trial. And in the end...

It was over. Justice was served.

Yūjo was sentenced to death. She was charged for two murders and one attempted murder.

Yeah, two murders. Mayumi and Naoya. Naoya did die in her hands... Thank God that old man was still alive!

He showed up to the court as a witness as well and I really thanked him for building his courage to make his appearance.

By the way, Toji and I were the one pleading for death sentence. She deserved it. After all, she even planned to kill a child-- Megumi.

Someone like her should never be let alive on earth. I was happy the court accepted our pleading.

Finally, Mayumi-san's soul can rest in peace.