⋇⋆ 008

"A purpose to get revenge

"A purpose to get revenge."

Nighttime,
(Y/n)'s apartment...

Your POV

I dried my hair with my (f/c) hairdryer as my (e/c) irises fixed on the television screen. Another day of another news of hit-and-run accident. This type of accident had been aired on news quite often these days. Mostly caused by drunk drivers.

Sitting down on the couch , I paid attention to the news. The victims were still young. A mother and her kid were the ones involved. Sadly, both victims did not survive.

My shoulders slumped , a heavy sigh made its way out of my mouth. This case was extremely similar to Megumi-kun's mother's cause of death.

Hit-and-run accident is the worst, I won't deny. Sometime, the murderers involved are never caught or sent to prison.

Either they couldn't be found or the murderers bribe the authorities to cover their crime.

Corrupted bastards. No wonder authorities couldn't be trusted in this modern time.

Grabbing my phone on the nightstand, I surfed the internet to search for some information regarding Megumi-kun's mother's case. Fushiguro-san informed me before that the case was broadcasted on news.

Oh, there it is.

"Passer-by died at scene in an atrocious hit-and-run."

"Frightening! Young mother ran over by a car!"

"Cops close case after a year and half of fruitless investigation."

"Perpetrator's identity remain unknown till these days."

So the cops gave up after a year and half. They couldn't find a clue? Even one?

Most of the time, drunk drivers are caught at first but then freed at the same day after paying some "tips" to the cops or lawyers..