CHAPTER 7

•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•

I was angry. No, I am angry was would imply that I wasn't angry anymore. I have spent the last three days in the hospital. Kayla is still the doctor assigned to me, which worsens the matter. Every time she shows her face, which is very often, a sense of irritation and extreme anger came over me, due to her involvement in my recent predicaments.

I pitied her nephew, the whole thing wasn't her fault . If it had been my mother or family in that situation; I would have done anything in my power to save them. Even sedate someone. However, that still didn't erase the fact that she was involved and my life was possible on the line.

My mother didn't even suspect something was off when she visited earlier this morning. How could she have known? I was only missing for a few hours. It wasn't like I could tell her. I couldn't tell anyone. I was confused, alone, and angry. All I do is lay here and be nothing but angry. It was almost as if nothing had happened, but the constant guilt on the doctor's face reminds me of it. I also earn new bruises and scrapes in my attempt to escape. They were painful reminders.

"I need your help," Kayla says when she places the food tray on the small desk next to me. "Please, Jemima."

"What? Do you want someone else to sedate?" I spit out with as much venom as possible. I didn't want to show her any form kindness. I could have died, and she would have covered it up. "Or maybe you want me to keep my mouth shut so that you don't lose your job."

"I care about my job but my nephew comes first. I'm responsible for him, and I still don't know where they are holding him," her voice made me want to believe her. She was trying her best to hold herself together.

Then it dawns on me that this woman wasn't malicious. I find the strength to forgive her, and I did at that moment. The people who took her nephew were the ones I should be angry with.

"I can't help anyone, if I could then I would help," I tell Kayla truthfully. "You should try the police."

"You have met these people. They are way too organized. The police will not find him. They may not even know who these people are."

"If the police can't help, then how will I help? They have guns, and you know the location where they held me. What more information do you need?"

"They aren't keeping him there. He's in some warehouse just outside of Bay City. We can get him out without anyone seeing us if we go there together. If the police got involved in this. They would kill him," I could tell from the seriousness of her voice that she was indeed serious. This woman was asking me to assist her on a suicide mission.

"Are you crazy?"

I pull myself up, leaning my back against the wall so that I could analyze how she would react. To my dismay, she had a nonchalant expression. Oh my lord, this whole island has gone insane.

"I know I met you only a few days ago, but you need serious help if you think I could do that."

"If it was someone in your family, what would you do? Wouldn't you do something completely insane to help them?"

I definitely would but this. Those people are dangerous, and I didn't even have to be kidnapped by them to know that. Hell, everybody was dangerous these days. I want to help her. At the same time, I didn't want to die or risk getting myself abducted again, even if it was just for a few hours.

She looks at me with teary eyes. She was helpless and alone, I was her last hope, the only one who knew the situation.

I'm going to regret this later.