CHAPTER 21

҉  ✼   ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Sunlight floods through the bedroom windows, casting shadows of carvings on the white tiled floor. A soft morning breeze carried the exotic scent of mangoes. The events of last night instantly came to my mind: Gunshots, arrows, and a Maroon.

Despite Naomi's warning to leave, Jason told us the Three Rings never ran away from their enemies. Amelia and Asher reminded him that they didn't have any field training. Tae and Jason were the only members with physical training. Jason didn't bulge, he only reduced our stay by one day.

"Good morning," I greet Tae, who was in the kitchen making scrambled eggs.

"There is nothing good about this morning," He groans in annoyance.

"You could have just said good morning, Tae."

He continued rambling about the morning being anything but good. I seat myself around the table in the kitchen. The morning was honestly fine until Tae opened his big mouth. I buried my face as I listened to him spit venom on Jason's name.

"Give up. He's never going to let us leave until tomorrow," Amelia said, coming into the kitchen.

"We'll be dead by then. Those were scouts, who knows how many more would come. We have two fighters and three-" he turns around, glancing at me and Amelia.

"Choose your next words very carefully," I warn him.

"Nothing"

Amelia starts laughing. "A big bad Seraph is afraid of an Elite that's a first," she said between laughs.

"An Elite?"

"Members who join because of family member they are basically royalty and because of your brother and-" Tae clears his throat, causing her to stop mid-sentence. "Sorry."

"I'm not going to have a mental breakdown if you talk about my brother or my mother, so there is no need for an apology."

"You know about your mother?"

"Jason told me."

On queue Jason enters the kitchen, and Tae gives Amelia and I an egg sandwich. "Is it safe to eat," I pick up my food and examined it. He shoots daggers with his eyes. "Thank you," I told him quickly to avoid any nasty comment he was about to throw.

"We are leaving," Jason announces, defeated. "Amelia and Jemima, you two are staying. Jordon and the guards will be here soon," his gaze fixated on me. "Do I have to remind you of the rules?".

"No touching"

"And?"

"No touching," I repeat, he give me an approving nod; I rolled my eyes to communicate my irritation. "Why are you leaving?".

"Azim called a meeting."

"Which one?" Amelia asks.

"All of them," The tone of his voice spread tension throughout the room. Even I didn't feel like eating anymore. "We have to find Wade."