CHAPTER 8

༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛

Jordon takes us almost half way across St.Maris, to Greendale Apartments. It wasn't exactly what I called low-key. But I doubt we would be in danger here since it is said to be the safest place on the island. I had to share a room with Kayla, which was fine. Usually, I would be picky about having my own space and who let into my space; seeing the situation at hand; space was thing anyone should be worrying about.

Jason was here, and he ignored me. I wanted to ask him about Tae again, but I didn't bother. It was surprising that I even care about him.

Absolutely nothing made sense. All I knew were two facts— Kayla's nephew was the one who planned this. Lia is still missing, and I keep coming back to the same question every time.

How do I fit into all of this? What did any of this have to do with me?

Daniel's words kept replaying in my mind. "You are worth a lot to the right people." If I was going to entrust my life to strangers, I had to find out why. Why couldn't someone give me the answers? Why was everyone so mysterious about the whole thing?

Somebody better start talking.

I got up off my bed and went to the door. "Where are you going?" Kayla asks, frightened.

"Don't worry I'm just going for a walk. I'll be back."

She nods and went back on her phone. I left the room to find Jason. We were only a few meters away from each other. Upon reaching the designated area, I raised my hand to knock on the door.

"He won't help you," Jordon spoke from behind me, and my hand fell to my side. He was staying in the room across from Jason and Dash. Jordon used the door frame to support his weight.

"And why is that?" I was bewildered by the fact that he knew why I was searching for Jason.

"Because he was ordered not to tell you anything. I wasn't"

"Then tell me."

He ticked his head towards his room, and I followed him inside; he took a seat on the bed, and I sat next to him. "I want to know everything."

"I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you enough so that you may understand why this is happening to you."

"That's fair."

I was grateful for any amount of information, even if it wasn't a full explanation. "I was assigned to you since we went to the same university," he pauses and allows me to sink that piece of information in. I signal with my hands for him to continue. "First year was the easiest since you were technically a nerd and didn't go anywhere."

"I wasn't a nerd and it's creepy that you were actually following me around." I point out, then allow him to speak again.

"Anyways, you weren't in danger, so after a while, we didn't pay much attention to you."

"We as in Daniel, Jason and Tae"

"The Three Rings and someone else..." His voice trails off, but then he proceeds. "Dash was supposed to intercept you the day before you went back on campus, but that would raise suspicions and we weren't"