CHAPTER 31

It's 11:52 a.m. By the next hour, Wade would be captured and taken to SED. I stood on the building's roof that was shadowing the meet location at the Waterfront. A dock for cargos that were situated just outside St. Maris.

This is where it all started, the Tower is five buildings away. The smell of smoke still lingered in the air from the first explosion. This is where it will all end.

Hopefully.

Jason I'd leading the team this time. Daniel said it was to ensure that there are minimum casualties. Amelia was watching the south road. While Jason and Dash watches the north. Jordon was given the task of being the sniper, he's on the hotel's roof with a clear view of the meeting area, and I'm next to him. If things should go sideways, he was suppose to eliminate Michael.

Atticus was already sitting on one of the benches over looking the dock. He didn't move an inch making me wonder if he was panicking. I doubt he would be.

Two minutes later three black SUVs park near the curb. Wade and eleven other men stepped out. Atticus stands up. Rigid and bold. When Wade walks up to him I hold my breath. One wrong move and they could lose him. I wish I knew what the were saying.

Minutes pass before I saw one of Wade's men drop silently with an arrow sticking out of him. My eyes widen when the other men noticed and pointed their guns at Atticus. Who raises his hands, communicating that he has surrendered.

Six other men were shot down. I wasn't sure how many were killed by guns or arrows but it was pure confusion. Atticus took cover behind his car. He fired shots at the SUV, causing it to go up in flames. An ear-shattering explosion fills the air. Wade and his men were thrown into the water from the blast.

Jason and his team used this opportunity to come out of hiding and advance towards their opponents. They didn't hesitate to border the dock and aim their weapons at Wade who finally comes to the surface of the dark water. I counted at least thirty-six members, only recognizing Jason and Dash.

They aggressively pull Wade and the remainder of his men out of the water. Some members kicked him, others punched him. It was brutal.

"Enough!" Jason yells. They stop immediately. In a distance, I could see his bruise and bloody face. He was then blindfolded and dragged back to the van.

His men are lined out on the dock and bound with rope. A black sack was place over their heads. I close my eyes. Their guns rattle in my ears. I look back to see five bodies, facing down, floating away from the dock.

"You look sick," Jordon says worried. I hold unto the ledge and put my body over the edge. The contents from my dinner comes up and are now on street. I try my best to erase the images of blood and dead bodies from my mind. "I'm fine," I tell him pulling myself up. "Let's go."

Another feeling suddenly blooms in my chest, it feels strange but oddly familiar. Jordon places his hands on his chest as if he's feeling it too. A image of Naomi flashes before my eyes. Her eyes were focused, hands on the reins as she yells for the horse to go faster.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yes"I stutter once I came to.

We arrive after everyone else. Wade was locked in the Underground that was already cleared out to hold as his temporary prison. Everyone was moved to the fourth floor. I was currently sitting in Daniel's office with Amelia, Jason, and Asher. Jordon and Tae were on the fourth floor organizing the other members. "We should kill him?" Amelia suggests.

"I agree," Asher voices.

"I thought Jason said they were going to turn him in." I put forward.

"Yes, we will. After we beat him and break a few bones" Jason answers smoothly. "Until then he stays here," He look at Amelia and Asher. "Alive" he finish.

"He killed hundreds he doesn't deserve prison!" Amelia shouts in frustration.

"We'll let society decide on what Michael Wade deserves. It is them he wronged."

"What about us? He wronged everyone here with his damn explosion and plans to take over the country! And let's forget we almost lost Jordon and Jemima because of his virus!"

"He stays alive and that's final." Jason states firmly.

The door was push open revealing Daniel. "Jemima, come with me," I got up and followed him silently. I was still processing what I witnessed at the Waterfront. Daniel leads me to the underground. I only realized where we were going only when we got there. "Why did you bring me here?".

"He wants to talk to you."

"And you're allowing him to talk to me?"

"It's his last request" Daniel mumbles.

I give him a puzzled look. He really can't mean what he's suggesting. "What are you saying?" I ask to hope that he meant something else. His eyes said more than he could.

"You can't do that."

"It isn't up to me,"

"What about letting the law take care of him? If you kill him now no one would know what he had done."

"If we should release him to the police there is no guarantee that the law will take care of him. We don't even have evidence against him. To the public he's a hero, that's all they see."

"Then keep him here."

"It doesn't work that way. This isn't a prison."

"Right because you all kill people not keep them." I snap

I walk past him and into the room. Two men were standing next to Wade who is tied in thick brown ropes to a wooden chair. "You betrayed me," He begins when he sees me.

"I wonder why is that?" My sarcasm eased my anxiety which in turn helps my voice to project.

"I know they are going to kill me. I can see the pity in your eyes. Don't worry about me, they cannot kill me," He coxes.

"And why can't they?"

"I have information. Valuable information on one of their members"

"First of all, every member has been accounted for. Find something else to keep you alive." Daniel speaks.

"Every member you say. All except Brandon Wilson." The name made my heart pound, and beads of sweat coated my forehead. I couldn't conceal how surprised I was. Did he know my brother? How could he have known him? I tried to part my lips to say something. My words were lost.

"Oh, and his identity," He nods to Daniel, who stares at him intently. "I know who are. How is your younger brother doing have you checked on him lately?"

Wade seem to have gotten into Daniel's head because he curls his fist and stalks towards him. I quick intercept him. "Ask him questions instead of beating him. One wrong blow and he could end up in the hospital," I warn Daniel.

"My brother is dead not missing. How did you find out about Daniel?"

"Is that what is think? That he's dead. Your brother s very much alive. Ask him?" I turn to Daniel and he turns away from me. "Isn't this quite the revelation?"

If it were a different situation, I would hit Michael myself. He's a liar. I was at his funeral. I saw his body, well I saw a casket. The body was said to be badly brunt, and it was impossible to have an open casket funeral. That does not mean he's alive.

"Fine then if he's alive then where Is he?"

"You don't believe me, huh? Then wait and watch. If they don't release me in forty-eight hours, your brother's life and the identity of masked man will be at stake. Do you want to take those chances?" His eyes scan the two of us.

"That's very low of you to use my dead brother against me. You know what I think. You're lying cause that's what you do. You lie and manipulate people. I hope your death is just as painful as the people's lives you took!" I snap.

I storm to the elevator with Daniel on my tail.

"He's not lying," He says when we arrived in the reception area.

"What are talking about?"

"Brandon isn't dead."