The boy in the desert.

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find a grammatical error let me know; 🇧🇷

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky was blue with few clouds and a cool breeze. Our half-genie heroine crossed the skies riding the great bird of her friend Sky. The two were returning from yet another of their great adventures. They were crossing the desert which to the surprise of the two was cool with a refreshing breeze, the sun despite being scorching was not bothering them, in fact it seemed even colder than the last few times.

The silence up there was big but comfortable, the beautiful girls watched the landscape, down there, several meters on the ground they saw some people who didn't even notice them, they watched the huge sand dunes and the various and dangerous creatures that inhabited there .

Shantae, adventurous and curious as she was, was already thinking about what would be her next adventure, but while she's not here, she just has to go back home, recharge her batteries and rest, see if anyone needed anything or help with any problem. She was beginning to wonder that so far Risky Boots or any other enemy hadn't attacked her town. And just like Shantae, Sky was starting to feel strange too, but she was happy to have gone on an adventure with her friend and to be helping her.

Sky liked to fly, always with her faithful friend the Wrench bird, she remembered when she was younger she used to open her arms and run against the wind, loved the feeling of feeling it hit her in the face and sometimes thought she was capable of flying . Putting the thoughts aside the two girls will go back to looking at the landscape and stayed like that for a while until Sky started a conversation.

Sky: Shantae? -called her friend-

Shantae: Yes?- she replied-

Sky: What do you plan on doing once we get home?- she asked-

Shantae: Well, for a start I want to rest and then go on another adventure- she replied happily-

Sky: Another adventure?!-She asked in surprise- You don't keep still, right.- she said, laughing-

Shantae: What can I say, it's my way- she said with a beautiful smile- But before that I want to spend some time watching Scowtle Town, after all it's been a while since Ryski Boots doesn't cause any problems- she said a little worried-

Sky: Now that you mention it, I also find it really weird that she hasn't been up to something yet. Well, whatever it is, we will be prepared for when it arrives - she said confidently -

Shantae: Thank you Sky, you're a real friend- she said and Sky just smiled back-

Shantae looked back at the desert below and saw something frightening, five beings half human and half scorpion surrounded a boy was lying on the ground and seemed unconscious. The five beings that surrounded the boy were 5 Scorpgals, from the waist up they were like humans with dark blue hair and red scaly skin, from the waist down they had legs and scorpion tail, each Scorpgal had a scimitar sword in their hands, what the made it more frightening and dangerous.

Shantae more than quickly warned Sky about what was happening down there, Sky realizing what was happening sent Wrench down to earth, while down there the five Scorpgals were already to get the boy, with swords in hand were ready to slicing the rapas into strips, but they were stopped by a voice that shouted at them and a strong wind that caught their attention.

Shantae: Hey! LEAVE HIM ALONE !!-she screamed as Wrench landed on the ground flapping her wings creating a gale to get the attention of the Scorpgals-

Sky: Get ready Shantae, let's get the boy and get the hell out of here- she said as she climbed down from Wrench being followed by the half genie-

Shantae whipped her long hair away from the female scorpions who snarled angrily. Sky taking advantage of the distraction went to the boy who wore a light brown cape that covered his face and his robes, she took him in her arms and ran to Wrench putting the boy on top of the giant bird.

The Scorpgals growled when seeing that the two girls wanted to take their prey and then advanced against Shantae brandishing their scimitars against her, Shantae seeing that decided to use one of her magic, she took her position and started to dance, at the end of her dance a white light surrounded Shantae, the half-genia had assumed her transformation from an elephant.

Shantae took a sprint towards the female scorpions, hitting the five and throwing them a few feet away, the half-genie took the chance and while the Scorpgals were slumped to the ground in a daze, Shantae returned to her normal form and ran to Wrench who was was about to get up flew.

Sky: Come on Shantae! Quickly!-She spoke helping her friend to climb the bird-Let's go Wrench-gave command for the giant bird to fly-.

Wrench quickly gained height, Shantae holding the boy so he wouldn't fall, while Sky watched the Scorpgals below snort in anger at having lost their prey.

Shantae: That was a close one -she spoke relieved that they weren't hurt-

Sky: Yes, it was -she said- Is he alright?- she asked for the boy-

Shantae: This one, just unconscious- she said checking the boy-

Sky: What are we going to do with him?

Shantae: Let's take him to Uncle Mimic, maybe he knows where he's from.-

Sky: He doesn't look like he's from around here. We'll interrogate him when he wakes up- she said looking suspiciously at the boy-

Shantae just chuckled in response to her friend's distrust, then she took off the boy's hood and looked into her face as a question formed in her mind.

Shantae: Who are you? Plus, what were you doing alone in the desert? -thought-

Shantae decided she would ask him when he woke up. Sky went back to contemplating the view, but Shantae was busy watching something she found much more beautiful and without her noticing a smile formed on her face and a small flame ignited in her heart and this flame would grow with time.