Conversations with a zombie

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find a grammatical error let me know; 🇧🇷

Now it was just Rottytops and Tyson.

Soon after they finished breakfast, Shantae hugged Tyson goodbye and left to face Hypno Baron, leaving her new friend and Mentor with Rotty in the middle of Main Street. Tyson didn't remember this, but now he wondered what his zombie friend would like to do this while she was with him.

Tyson: (Thoughts) Okay, I know zombies, but most of them just want to eat people, so what would a zombie with a mind and personality like Rottytops want to do? Maybe it's better to ask.

Clearing his throat to get the girl's attention he spoke not as softly as he wanted.

Tyson: So, uh... What do you want to do now?

Rotty tapped her chin, thinking to herself.

Rottytops: Hm... I don't know. I've been to Scuttle Town a few times, but I haven't been everywhere...

Then, her eyes sparkled and she looked at the young Genie.

Rottytops: Let's go to the palace! I heard it's really beautiful!

It wasn't a bad idea. The palace wasn't huge, but there was a lot to see. Maybe they could even go to the library. Of course, you both need a library card for this.

Tyson: Okay, sounds like a plan.

Rottytops: You mean a date?

She asked with a short giggle. Then, she hugged the boy's arm, looking at him with a mischievous smile, making him blush slightly and rub the back of his head.

Tyson: Call it whatever you want, if it pleases you.

Rotty rolled his eyes.

Rottytops: I know I've been shy before, but you're going to have to do a lot better than that to tease me, beautiful...

She said, before hugging the brunette's arm to her breasts on purpose.

The boy's face turned red and to try to ignore the girl's teasing, he quickly began to lead them through the streets of Scuttle Town.

Tyson: If we go to the palace, we need to go through the fields and forest, so it could be dangerous.

Rotty just smiled and followed him, still holding his arm.

Rottytops: Oh, I'm not worried! They can't be that tough! Besides, I have you on my side. You're going to protect me, right?

Tyson looked at her belt to see her ocarina and sword missing and an uneasy feeling returned to her chest. Her magic sword was more than a simple weapon, it was a reminder of her life in her homeland and the battles she fought with it. He had forged that sword and had never lost or replaced it, it was something sacred as he had been taught, there was no substitute for it. Fortunately, what reassured him was the fact that sooner or later the weapon would return to his hands, but the sooner the better.

His travels around the world may have made him a bit paranoid as he never let his guard down and was slow to give a vote of confidence for fear of being stabbed in the back, but that was the price for having lived a difficult life full of trauma.

Tyson: Right, sure. I will be his bodyguard, fair maiden.

He joked and she laughed, blushing slightly as she rested her head on his friendly shoulder. It was almost as if they were a real couple.

The two walked through Scuttle Town until they reached the path that led to the fields that used to be inhabited by some monsters.

Tyson: Okay, I can handle whatever comes my way, but stay close to me, okay?