Elementary Magic and Problems of a Zombie Girl

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find any grammatical errors let me know; 🇧🇷

Tyson: All right, let's get to training.

In an open clearing near Scuttle Town, Shantae and her new Mentor were seen facing each other. Today would be the first day of training with magic, but Tyson wanted to start slowly to see what his new student knew about her abilities and the concepts behind each of them.

Shantae laughed a little with mirth clear in her voice as her mentor raised an eyebrow at this.

Tyson: What's so funny?

Shantae: Oh, nothing. It's just that we're finally going to do something fun. I don't know why, but I'm very happy.

Tyson: Oh, really?

Shantae: Hahaha.

Tyson: Laugh while you can Shantae, because things are going to be increasingly difficult from now on.

The girl noticed the seriousness in the boy's voice and looked at him carefully.

Tyson: As I said before, the purpose of this training is to inform you about your abilities and teach you how to better control your magic and maybe, just maybe, create a complete spell for you, that is uniquely yours. One that surpasses the ones you already know.

Shantae: Okay.

Tyson: To do this, you need to master two techniques. How to change the element of your magic and how to change its form.

The Half-Genie then looked at him with doubt and confusion evident as she repeated her last words.

Shantae: How to change the element and its shape?

Upon noticing the girl's confusion, Tyson stopped for a moment and sighed without surprise when he realized that he would have to start teaching her from the beginning just like he had done with the other Half-Genies.

Tyson: Huh? Okay, I thought you could handle both at once, but I guess I was wrong.

Shantae: Ehehe...

She scratched the back of her head shyly as a bead of sweat appeared on her forehead.

Tyson: One thing at a time. Fireball for me.

Shantae: Huh? Okay, no problem!

The girl stretched out her right arm with her hand open, a few moments later a flame appeared in her palm as it grew and took the shape of a sphere becoming the size of a football. She then prepared to throw the fireball at a rock on the training ground, but soon stopped when her teacher reached out his hand.

Tyson: Okay, you can stop.

Shantae: What?

She stopped her attack while the Fireball remained in her hand.

Tyson: Okay, see? You have already mastered element change and shape change magic.

Shantae: Huh?

Tyson: Your Fireball is proof of that.

Shantae: Mine...? She is?

Tyson: Changing your magic to the Fire element and molding it into a sphere is a change of form and element that already exists. In fact, Fireball is the base technique for Fire Style users.

Shantae: So I already passed the first part?

Tyson: Well... it's more or less there. But you don't know how the spell works exactly, do you?