The Truth - Part 1

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find a grammatical error let me know; 🇧🇷

Night fell over Scuttle Town, inside the Shantae lighthouse the Half-Genie was seen sitting next to her uncle and his friends while everyone focused their eyes on the mysterious Tyson who was with his arms folded thinking about how he should tell others who he was exactly.

The boy allowed himself to let out a long sigh at the thought that this conversation would open old wounds in his heart.

He then turns his gaze to the others who are watching him waiting for the answers Tyson had promised to give.

Tyson took a deep breath before asking.

Tyson: Well... so what? What are your questions?

Mimic: Can we ask anything?

Tyson: Yes they can. I said I'd give you the answers you want and I'm going to keep my word. Ask, I am an open book.

The others looked at each other before looking back at him and starting talking at the same time.

Sky: Who are you?

Shantae: If you're a half-genie like me, what are your powers?

Rottytops: Where did you come from?

Mimic: What kind of technology is that orb and that board you have my boy?

Bolo: What's your secret to getting girls' attention?

The others looked at Bolo with bored expressions before he spoke.

Bolo: What happened? He said we could ask anything.

Tyson took a deep breath before speaking.

Tyson: I have a lot to say and it's not very easy for me.

Shantae looked at him sympathetically.

Shantae: There's something that hurts you a lot isn't it? That to tell us who you are you would also need to remember something very bad, right?

Tyson didn't respond and just nodded as he stared at the floor.

Shantae: That day before we went to Tan Line Island you played a song with a sad melody, you said that dark times had brewed over your people.

Tyson: It's true... heavy clouds were over us... and I've seen many suffer because of it... and a lot of it was my fault...

Shantae then walked over to Tyson before placing a hand on his shoulder.

Shantae: I want you to know that I won't judge you and that I'll be here if you need me, okay?

She then gives him a reassuring smile as the boy earns a small smile.

Tyson: Thank you Shantae.

He then takes a deep breath preparing himself before speaking.

Tyson: Well... About who I am, my full name is Tyson Tatemukai.

Mimic scratched his beard at the thought that the boy's last name reminded him of something.

Mimic: Your last name, I think I've heard it somewhere.

Tyson: Maybe you heard...

Tyson then scratched the back of his head before continuing to speak.

Tyson: Well... as far as where I come from, I don't know if any of you would know where it is.

Sky: Is it that far?