XI

3rd pov
-
gamora looks to the side, not registering drax at first, but when she does, she makes a double take.

"spare me your foul gaze, woman." drax says harshly.

"why is this one here?" gamora asks.

"i promised him he could stay by your side until he kills your boss." answers peter. "i always keep my promises when they're to muscle-bound whack jobs who will kill me if i don't." peter places the leg onto the control panel in front of him "here you go."

"oh, i was just kidding about the leg." rocket says. "i just need these two things."

"what?"

"no. i thought it'd be funny." rocket says, turning to to look at peter. "was it funny? oh, wait, what did he look like hopping around?"

"i had to transfer him 30,000 units!" peter yells.

maria gasps and spins around. "half of those units were mine, jackass!" she growls.

rocket chuckles and turns back around, gently nudging maria to get back on track. with one last growl, maria turns back around and continues to help rocket.

"how are we gonna leave?" drax asks.

they all flinch when a drone starts shooting at the glass.

"well, they obviously have some sort of plan." peter says. "right? or is that another you made up and dragged maria into it as well?"

"i have a plan! i have a plan! and red agreed to help!"

"cease your yammering and relieve us from this irksome confinement." drax orders.

can i kill him yet? maria thinks.

"yeah, i'll have to agree with the walking thesaurus on that one." peter says.

"do not ever call me a thesaurus."

"it's just a metaphor, dude."

"his people are completely literal. metaphors are gonna go over his head." rocket informs.

"nothing goes over my head. my reflexes are to fast. i would catch it." drax says.

"i'm gonna die surrounded by the highest idiots in the galaxy." gamora mumbles.

"you said it." maria mutters in agreement.
...
guards with big guns head towards the middle and they all line up.
...
"those are some big guns." peter says.
...
the guards point their guns at the group, awaiting orders.

"on my command!" the general yells. "number one!"

the first guard shoots and with the single shot, the front glass panel cracks and the whole watchtower shakes.
...
"rodents, we are ready for your plan." gamora yells.

"hold on!" maria shouts, sliding over and pushing the leg out of her way.
...
"number two!"

a second guard shoots and the shot cracks the left since window.
...
"i recognize these animals." drax says. "we'd roast them over a flame pit as children. their flesh was quite delicious."

"not helping!"
...
"number three!"

a third shoots and cracks the right and cracks the right side window.
...
"damn." gamora mutters.
...
"all fire on my command!"
...
rocket connects some wires.
...
"three! two!"
...
gamora glances over at peter.
...
"one!"
...
maria connects two wires and something powers down.

down below, the guards all stop right before they pull the trigger because they are all floating up.

"they turned off the artificial gravity, everywhere but in here." gamora says, looking out the window. she smirks and chuckles, looking at the two animals in amazement.

maria moves out of the way and climbs up peter, making sure he can feel her claws.

rocket grunts, pulling a lever, making the machine power up.

the top of the watchtower unhooks from the rest of the tower. rocket taps something into a key pad making the thrusters on the drones start up. rocket flies the drones up to the bottom of the control room and hooks them to the bottom so they can act as propellers.

rocket pushes up a lever, letting more power to the thrusters of the drones.

the group all holds onto something as the frontal room heads straight down.

"i told you i had a plan." rocket smirks.