==Chapter 18==

Time Skip
Ultra Magnus's Perspective

           I was sleeping at the sitting area when I awoke to someone tapping my shoulder "=<Commander! Wake up!>=" it was Bee. I opened my eyes and look to him "Oh, hey. What... what's happening?" He answers "=<N-nothing at the moment, sir. I just wanted to help you get back into your schedule.>=" I ask "I-I have a schedule?" He was shocked "=<Y-yeah... you—- you didn't know?>=" "I guess I forgot. Wh-what do I do first?" He brings me over to the table and says "=<Well you normally got up early and read for like a few minutes and then we got to work. But we can talk if you'd like. I can tell you about all the things you might have forgotten?>=" I think his words over and then give an answer "I'd like that, Soldier." His eyes widen and he then whirs happily. What reason? I don't even know.

          Time flies by fast, and soon everyone is up. I didn't see Ratchet though. Perhaps he was busy. I saw Arcee and thought: She's most aware and battle ready of the team it seems. I'll ask her if she's seen Ratchet. "Soldier?" I ask. She looks to me in acknowledgment. "S-sorry.... A-Arcee?" She sighs and shakes her head "Yes, Commander Magnus?" I ask softly "Do... d—- w-would you perhaps... know where Ratchet is?" She replies kindly "I do. Why do you ask? Are you hurt?" I shake my helm "N-no... just questioning the status of his synthetic energon experiments." The motorcycle remarks "He's doing the best he can, commander. Given the lack of functional equipment at his disposal." I sigh "An alternative energy source is incredibly essential to our survival." Arcee's mood brightens and she nods "Believe us, Ultra Magnus sir, no one is more acutely aware of the stakes than Ratchet. He will solve the problem." I agree "Of course."

           I look over to the others which Bee told me was supposed to be out scouting for predacon bones. I walk over and ask like my commander self "Beast Hunters, May I ask why you are not scouting grid 305 for predacon bones?" Wheeljack steps forward and grunts "Because we just returned from scouting grids 301 to 304?" He was raising his voice at me. My shoulders rose and my head ducked down as the rest of my body tensed. Bulkhead steps in "Ahem, to... log our field reports... per your protocol, Commander Magnus... sir."

        I nod slightly and a set of pede steps pulls my attention to the hangar door where Ratchet walks in. His upper half pretty dirty "Doctor. I don't recall you giving me awareness of leaving the base." He answers "I wanted to help you.... via a surprise." I ask "Why are your hands smeared with coolant?" Ratchet explains "I recalibrated your ships engines." He then growls, turning Wheeljack's direction "Using Wheeljack's help!!! You can expect a 10% increase in vector thrust." I look down "You didn't have to." Ratchet grabs my arm lightly, causing me to look into his innocent optics "But you deserve it. You really do." I nod, a small smile coming to me.