The Other Side

"The curse of death!" I breathed. She cursed me to death!

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find a way to reverse it," he said.

"Am I going to die?" I asked him staring right into his crystalline green eyes.

The whole group fell silent with an eerie silence. I stared at them looking at each of them separately, no one gave me an answer.

"We'll find a cure Zach." Sierra looked me with a serious, knowing face.

"Whatever, just, whatever," I said silently, and took off into the air.

"Is he going to be alright?" Asked Annabeth.

"I sure he's just stressed about his sister, come on, we best follow him," Sierra took a flap of her wings and everyone took off.

I stayed angrily ahead of the group. A gnawing guilt bit at my mind. I wish I had never decided to run away. It was reckless and foolish, and now I had lost all connection to my sister. A sister I had only had for a few months, even though it felt like years. I could feel tears prick at my eyes as the memories of my terrible crime surfaced.

"Zach," Jay pulled in close to my side.

"What?" I snapped, my brain feeling like a frayed rope. Only coated in gasoline and ready to burn.

"You need to calm down," I could feel the hard stare of his sightless blue eyes, and the strangly light wing beats of his clumsy flight.

"I'm fine," my breath hitched in my throat and I suddenly felt like attacking the sky.

"You're not okay, everyone can see that, I'm blind! And I can see more than you do right now."

"Okay! Maybe I'm not fine, just leave me alone."

I climbed higher and higher into the sky. The thin air actually cleared my mind for a few seconds, and I felt very tired all of a sudden. Up here, the world seemed so large, I felt very tiny, and very alone. Alone with just my lonely thoughts. There was no one up here, no one but me, and my feelings. The very same feelings that were tearing me apart, like vicious animals. Like Wolves.

I yowled angrily into the open air, with the stars twinkling up above. Why must everything be so happy and perfect? While I suffered with crude emotions. The anger came welling back. The same anger that posesed me on the night of the Blood Moon. It felt alien, it felt wrong, I lashed out on a cloud. It drifted into wisps, and it made me feel worse. All I wanted was my sister! Was that really to much to ask?

I don't how much time I spent in the air. Ripping through clouds seemed like the only way to vent my frustration. I thought I was getting better, but I guess I just bottled up my darkness and now it demanded freedom. It was a long time before I drifted back down. Everyone shied away from me, I didn't blame them. Jay kept a close eye on my though.

When the sun peeked over the horizon, the young Annabeth and Ocaso had fallen asleep and were currently resting on the backs on Sierra and Lysander. I was drifting off too, and the appearance of the sun seemed so dramatic. I opened my eyes to see a drop of light beside us. I felt a little hopeful.

We landed and found a place to rest. I had officially made it to unknown territory. This was earth untouched my Magyk of any kind. But for now, I was to tired to care.

I had a dream that morning. It started with a sunny field, I was chasing a butterfly. But then a great power stopped me, and it felt more real. A great white tiger came prowling towards me. When she was so close I could reach out and touch her, the temperature dropped dramatically. And the ground around my feet froze over.

"Who are you?" I whispered, though it sounded as though I had spoken normally.

"I am your patron, though I know, that you know fully well who I am," her eyes seemed to glow with a power I respected.

"Suka," I breathed.

Suka smiled warmly. "Yes, now I cannot stay for long, but hear this, your sister is alive, and she's just as important as you are Zach,"

"I don't understand, why am I important? Does this have something to do with the prophecy?" I asked.

"It has everything to do with the prophecy."

Far away, Zara's eyes opened. She was awake, alive, and feeling stronger than ever before. The earth shifted and groaned around her, a small prin. pick of light was spotted ahead. Zara moved towards it with a firey determination alight in her eyes. This was her way out.

Xanthos was awake. A sudden extreme sensory had just been presented to him. He could feel the massive amounts of power radiating off a being very close to him. Arroyo got to his feet, Ostend shivered.

"Can you feel it?" Xanthos asked, scared and excited at the same time.

"Remember the prophecy Zach, your time is coming," Suka whispered as she slowly dissolved into light before my eyes.

And then I woke, only to stare into the huge eyes of a wolf.