Sibling Affair

Everyone had come for blood. After we invited the separate leaders in to discuss the matter, I noticed Kennon was here along with Regulus, but not Arroyo,. There was also a white and black spotted female, and two Siberians with her. I sat with my father still quite miffed he wasn't letting me go. Nepal sat next to Arietty and cleared his throat, and Regulus and the mysterious white cats.

"I think it's perfectly clear you're trying to have a war," he said. "I don't know know if you have a good reason for it though."

I saw him eye Regulus warningly. Blood-claws were known for starting unreasonable skirmishes.

"Don't jest me Nepal, I have perfectly good reason," He growled.

I looked at Kennon with a questioning look. He didn't meet my eyes, that's when I noticed the depleted look on his face. He was in about the same state I was a few days ago. I looked around, everyone seemed to have this grieving look on their faces. The two Siberians, a boy and a girl, the White-claw leader, Regulus, my parents.

"I think we may be here with the same purpose, each one of us has lost a youngling, no?" The White-claw leader spoke with a thick Russian accent.

Of course! It all made sense know, but what happened to them all? My mind buzzed as the silence continued on for a while.

"Indeed Jamboree, from the Ice-claws, we are missing my daughter, Zarathustra," replied Arietty.

"From the Blood-claws we're in need of my son Arroyo," said Regulus solemnly.

"And from the White-claws, my son Ostend," informed Jamboree. Her brown eyes flashing suspicion.

Wait, hold a second, this claw has three kids? That's a lot of demanding chaos, and I thought I was trouble.

"They're not here," said Nepal bluntly. "I'm sure we've all gone over the probability that out children may have been... killed... in the battle that followed after the Blood Moon?,"

I clenched my teeth and looked away. Fighting the uprising bile in my throat, the mere possibility sickened me. If Zara had already... died... It would have been at my claws. I backed away slowly, not wanting to be part of this conversation anymore.

After walking out, I was aware of a couple presences behind me. Turning around, I met with with eyes of the two of three White-claws, and Kennon. Up close I noticed just how devastated we all looked, pale feathers, dull eyes, lost spirits.

"Hi," I said to the new claws "My name is Zach,"

"My name is Ocaso," said the green eyed Siberian.

"I'm Annabeth," answered the blue eyed one.

Their wings were white, with little black spots on them. I guessing snowy owl.

"You already know me," said Kennon.

An awkward silence followed, nobody really knowing what to say. I swallowed and asked the question everyone was thinking.

"Do you know where our siblings are?" I asked them.

Annbeth and Ocaso shook their heads. I began to lose whatever hope I had, when Kennon looked up.

"Actually, I did see something," he said.

We all stared at him expectantly, he coughed and cleared his throat. Then the three of us listening to his whispering voice. With each word a sense of dread filled me, when he was done, I shot off like a peregrine falcon in a stoop. Bursting back into the hollow, I exclaimed loudly:

"I know who took my sister!"