Anguis

Tenebris
__________

I watched in horror as my target sent a huge wave of Magyk. I felt the temperature drop, and the the next thing I knew, I was encased in a block of ice. And the claw flew off, I screeched angrily. This wasn't supposed to happen this early! I heated myself up, and the ice began melting. I fumed till was dark, and I was finally free. Flying upwards, I emitted a high pitched howl. She would receive her punish, but first, I sensed the the other one was close. The other dragonfly was close. I don't know how he found me, but I would make sure the two stayed apart. That gave me an idea. With these useless feather wet, flying was not an option. Very well, there were more ways than one to hunt your prey.

I breathed in and out, and felt the world twist, and melt. Then I was standing next a wolf camp, the Anguis pack I believe. I slinked in, pieces of darkness curling off me like smoke. Wolves stared at me as I walked past, they started to get, and growl at me. I passed right through them. Dissipating and reforming, which is hard if you've possesed someone. A few attacked me in vain, but to no effect. I smiled, there are some advantages to being a spirit of darkness. I stormed right into their den, which was constructed of several rocks leaning against each other. Inside, there was a sleeping alpha.

He was pitch black, and perfect for my new host. This female body was wearing thin, considering her ties to my hostages. But this wolf was something special, he was powerful, he was dark. The other wolves started barking, and the alpha opened his eyes and growled at me.

"What do you want?" He spat.

"Your mind," I said, and called upon the shadows of the room. I melted back into the cavern where I originally kept the claw. And I managed to bring the wolf with me. He started thrashing and I waved a paw. he was knocked out. His brown eyes closing.

I seeped out from the claw's body. And shivered, outside of possession, I felt cold and weak. Ever since the boy claw forced me from his mind it's been worse.

Then I melted into the wolf, and opened my eyes. Perfect, the claw could rome with my other prisoners, I suspect one will be quite glad to see her. But she was still of my use, I would need to come back to her. But for now, I needed to go scare something, I needed fear. And there was a great deal of it coming from the distance. Where a plume of smoke was rising, fire promoted fear, what better place to start then there. I focused my beady red eyes on the wall, and it melted away. I headed towards the fire. Running as fast I could, the claw would pay.