Act 1, Scene 2: Two characters in a row

"At first I wanted to know her thoughts on her sister's engagement to the crown prince. But after what just happen I think this matter will need to be push back. However, will Lady [Y/N] say a few words of your thoughts about the engagement?"

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

As Aristia and [Y/N] walk through the palace grounds unknowing of where they were going, Aristia could only look at her sister in worry. 

The young girl who doesn't know how to cheer her sister up thinks back to what happened back in the room with the emperor. 

Flashback

This was the only picture that shows the expression I want lmao

"With all due respect, I personally hate it your majesty." [Y/N] says. But as soon as she said that  the whole room went silence for a few seconds before the emperor spoke up. 

"Do you know what you are saying, Young Lady [Y/N]?" The atmosphere was tense, it was thick and menacing. No one dare say anything in fear of upsetting the emperor more.

"I apologize for offending you, however you asked for my opinion and I gave my honest feelings. I hate this arrangement, the marriage between my sister and the crown prince." [Y/N] argues not backing down. She was used to this atmosphere, her friends often felt offended with her opinions when they would ask her. Not that she minds their protests, it was entertaining it a way.

The emperor could only sigh before asking, "Then what about the engagement that you hate so much Lady [Y/N]?"

[Y/N]'s irises widen as she thought he would have send her to jail or something for saying such words. She was stunned but immediately came back to her sense. 

"As you once said your majesty, the crown prince is arrogant. And is constantly being praise but now that my sister is here all the praises are going to her, what do you think will happen to her if they were to get married?" then a sinister smile appear on [Y/N]'s face.

"Can you confidently say that my sister will have a happy life in the palace? I do not believe that is possible. And as long as it is not for sure that my sister will live comfortably and happily I will do everything in my power to break the engagement between the two." 

Everyone was flabbergasted with the answer [Y/N] gave. It was shocking and unexpected. 

"Ehem- if I can assure that Lady Aristia live happily here, will you give your consent?" the emperor questions. 

[Y/N] just stares at the emperor before smiling. "The day you can assure that I will gladly give my consent."

Flashback over 

[Y/N]'s P.O.V

"Where even are we?" I murmured, unknown that I broke Aristia out of her trance.