Act 1, Scene 27: Offer

[Y/N] stops in her place, turning back to the emperor her expression shows the bright 'Noah Wynknight's' infamous smile. "Of course your majesty." she nods and walks back to her place where she stood. "How annoying..." she thought.

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

The tension was high, the atmosphere was thick, and the moisture was very moist. The emperor and [Y/N] just stare at each other, none of them speaking the first word. Oh, whatever is happening, only time will–

"Shut up stupid inner dialogue." [Y/N] internally slap herself to stay focused on the situation at hand. The stare down. She didn't know how it started but if a stare down is what the emperor wants. A stare down is what she'll give.

After what felt like eternal years, the emperor finally speaks up. "Lady [Y/N], have you given more thought to your sister's engagement?" and that wasn't a question, it was an order. "Of course your majesty, however, I stand by what I've said that day. As you can see how the crown prince treated my sister a few minutes ago. It's clear as day my sister won't be getting the respect she deserves while being empress or queen." As usual, [Y/N] rebutted the talk of Aristia's marriage with the crown prince with ease. The crown prince wasn't that good at hiding his feelings for a particular female.

The emperor sighs in regret. He knew what [Y/N] meant. And he knew she meant well for her sister. But how he wished she could be less blunt about the shortcomings of the crown prince. His incompetence with treating his fiance with not only respect but kindness. "I suppose...you are correct Lady [Y/N]." he suddenly says.

[Y/N]'s ears perk up in surprise. Did the emperor just say she was correct? Haha her ears must be getting musty from all the dust she had collected just from listening to the crown prince earlier. "Pa– pardon?" she stuttered out in utter shock. "Your right, Lady [Y/N], I do not think Lady Aristia would be happy marrying the crown prince, however, I do think it's a waste for a lady of her talent to not be married to my son. Therefore, I'll make a new deal with you." the emperor offers.

[Y/N]'s eyes narrow down in suspicion. Why would the emperor willingly give up Aristia when he knew she was a perfect fit for the crown prince? A lady who would cover up every shortcoming of the prince while having very smart brains that would support him. Did the emperor have something up his sleeves? Perhaps another engagement with another person? Supposedly...a certain green-headed boy who proposes to Aristia at the sight of her godly appearance. She hummed in reply, alerting the emperor that she was all ears.

"If, Lady Aristia and my son, the crown prince are not to get along by the end of our deal, on Lady Aristia's debutant. I will announce their engagement to be broken and instead, I'll have you be his fiance." the emperor offers. Hearing this, something clicked in the young girl's mind. What the emperor wanted was 2 things, one, he didn't want Aristia who has a name from god to marry someone outside the country. And two, he wanted someone from the House of Monique to swear eternal loyalty to the imperial family and what better way to do it than to have the daughter of the House of Monique marry the royal prince?

The side of [Y/N]'s lips curl up almost showing a smirk, sweat dripping from the tough decision. "This mother fucker– He planned this, didn't he? All he needed was these 2 things Aristia's engagement was just easier but he could simply annul the engagement and then assign her a different person while having me stuck with that blue-headed blueberry! This bitc–" The emperor smirks in triumph since whatever the decision was, he had already had the girl trapped in his palm. "[Y/N]...calm down and think rationally." Philotes's voice resonates through the connection before disappearing again. [Y/N] took a deep breath before internally thanking Philotes once again.

"She may be a genius...but she doesn't have the experience a king has, else I might have lost this match. But having her as my son's wife might be actually better than the older one. At least, that troublesome son of mine might have his ego checked." the emperor thought to himself. Content with his decision with going ahead with this proposal.

The girl was quiet, she was waging the pros and cons. But last but not least she came to the conclusion that she won't be taking the deal. She shouldn't be sacrificing her love life for the sake of Tia. And to be honest, she just hope that Aristia would have the chance to explore love other than the crown prince. She fell for him again because the changed prince kept approaching her and her old feelings resurfaced. [Y/N] just wish that Aristia would see the other choices in front of her before making her big decision. Of course, that doesn't mean she was going to give up Carsein that easily. Speaking of Carsein...the girl wonders when will she be able to see the hot, cheerful, red-headed male that would make her heart flutter again.

"I've made my decision your majesty." she finally spoke up after so long. "I have decided...to decline your offer, your majesty."

The emperor's eyes widen like a sock pocket, well he certainly wasn't expecting that. He was sure that [Y/N] would have accepted anything if it means her sister would be free from his son. He quickly fake coughed to regain his composure. "May I ask why Lady [Y/N]? You were so adamant to stop the engagement, yet when the chance was presented you didn't take it?"

"What I wanted was for my sister to be able to live a happy married life. But I also wish for her to marry through love. And I once again apologize but I really don't think the crown prince is able to provide these to her. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to sacrifice my future to exchange places with her. I too..." [Y/N]'s eyes soften at the thought of a special someone. The emperor who took notice of this widened at the similarities he was seeing between the young girl in front of him and the woman he had once loved.

"I too, have someone I wish to be with." [Y/N] confidently says.

"I'm sorry Mirken...but I wish to be with Keirean." he hears the voice of the woman he once loves and the woman who is the mother of the young girl in front of him. That unwavering eyes of passion and love, the very exact splitting image of Jeremiah...One thing that was unknown about is the hair colour of the girl. She didn't inherit either, Keirean or Jeremiah's yet she looks exactly like her mother. No doctor could explain the unknown situation but the fact remains that Keirean still loves her as dearly as he loves Aristia. "To think that the royal family have been rejected twice by both mother and daughter..." the emperor scoffed to no one but himself.

"Might I have the pleasure to know who has caught your eyes? Lady [Y/N]?" he wonders. [Y/N] bows yet, her expression showing that she has no thought of letting him know. "Sorry to disappoint but I shall be keeping this secret till the day I deem it for you to know."

The emperor chuckles at her attitude. It was quite entertaining to say. "I hope we'll be able to chat again Lady [Y/N]."

"Same goes for me your majesty." the girl politely answers. "As if!!" she ridiculed in her inner mind. "You may be dismissed." the emperor wave her off, giving her a small nod.

"This lowly one will then take her leave, your majesty." she curtsy and leaves. "Haha, that kind of speech certainly doesn't suit you Lady [Y/N]. Just speak to me as you normally would." the emperor laughs. Reaching the door, [Y/N] turns on her heels once again looking at the emperor. "As you wish, your majesty. I'll see you next time." and with that, the gigantic door shuts close and his majesty's laughter could be heard through the door.

Author's Note:

Wooooohooo finish!! I really need a beta reader smh. Someone to bounce ideas with. Anywhooo hope you like this chapter! OHH and I believe we will soon be entering Act 2!! The arc where [Y/N] and Carsein really dive into their relationship with one another. 

And did you notice?? [Y/N] and Carsein is like the story of Jeremiah and Keirean. Noble women and a nobleman from a knight family. Both females rejected the idea of marrying the crown. Was this purposefully written? You never know.