Act 1, Scene 24: The Bakery

Authors pre-notes:

I decided to try a new writing style pls let me know if you prefer this or the old one :')

The money system in this world. It'll be needed for later.

1 gold = 1000 silvers

1 silver = 100 bronze

1 bronze = 10 coppers (is that what it's call?)

"Yes, thank you again! Let's go Mikasa." You joyfully answer. Dragging Mikasa by the hand and running towards your first stop.

The Bakery

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

The smell of fresh-baked bread fills the street. As [Y/N] inhale the amazing aroma and sighs in content. "Hahh this smell is making me hungry..." she grumbled.

"Lady [Y/N], do remember that you're on a diet. Please do not overeat...otherwise, the marquess will get mad at you again." Mikasa reminds making [Y/N] groan in response. She couldn't focus all that much for the aroma smelled really good and is making her stomach growl in hunger.

[Y/N] rub her tummy, feeling how hungry she is before looking at Mikasa sheepishly. "Sorry, Mikasa but I'm famished." and with that, she took off at lightning speed and went straight into the bakery. "Wha- Lady [Y/N]! Stop yo- oof..." Mikasa who was going to chase after [Y/N] accidentally bump into someone. She apologetically looks at the person softly touching the bump forming on her forehead. "I'm very sorry for that." she bows and quickly leaves before the person could even say anything.

"...Huh, that was weird," they mutter before taking their leave.

The little bell on the door rings as [Y/N] swing it open taking a very deep breath and sighing in happiness. "Damn does this place smells good...no wonder Duchess Ernia likes this place."

"Welcome to Sugar n Spice how can I help you?" a young man's voice was heard from behind the counter. Making her feel a sense of deja vu from somewhere. Quickly shaking her thoughts, she walks up to the counter. "Errr...hello. I'm erm...looking for some epal- apple pie. Do you sell any of those here?" the second after she said it, she mentally cursed herself for stumbling on the simple sentence.

A young quite tall, brunette hair boy suddenly popped up from behind the counter. "Sorry for the wait, I had to clean a little something." he sheepishly apologize, cleaning the flour off his apron. "How can I help you again?"

"Oh my...he's quite the charmer. Is everyone from this bakery this handsome?" she wonders. "However, Carsein is much more attractive than this guy." she mentally states, nodding to herself in agreement. "I'm looking for some apple pie. I was hoping...you sell those here?" she bats her eyes with expectations.

The young boy chuckles at [Y/N]'s behaviour before turning to the back door. "Of course, we sell apple pies. We wouldn't be a true bakery without it right?" he jokingly says. "Wait here, I'll get the fresh badge from the oven." with that the boy hurriedly dashes into the back room.

"Erm..okay? Where else would I go?" [Y/N] mumbles in confusion. Although the door was open for a very short time, the fragrance of the fresh baked goods came through. It smells heavenly, making [Y/N] even hungrier. Her craving was growing bigger by the minute. The doorbell rings and an angry-looking Mikasa storms towards [Y/N]. "LADY [Y/N]! Please don't just run off like that! You had me worried sick!" she pleaded, holding [Y/N]'s shoulders and shaking her.