Act 1, Scene 10: Expedition

"Who are you? And how do you know about my daughter?" the marquess suddenly spoke standing in front of you, shielding you from Philotes's sight.

"I am Philotes from the house of Purgatory. Son of Marquess Zhongli."

You blink in surprise. House of Purgatory? Marquess Zhongli? What in the world is going on?

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

The marquess stares at Philotes blankly before sighing. "What would the son of the Marquess Zhongli want with my youngest daughter?"

"I've heard of Sir Allendis travelling to your house, as friends with Lady Aristia. I was wondering if I could do the same. Except, I'm here for Lady [Y/N]." Philotes asks with a bow.

The marquess brows furrowed in annoyance. He was starting to question if all prodigy child was as eccentric as the young boy in front of him, or as bold as Allendis. The marquess took deep breaths convincing himself that it was fine as Philotes hasn't yet propose to you like Allendis did.

"You should send an official request next time." the marquess informs Philotes. He suddenly puts you in his arms and carries you into the building. You were facing Philotes as the marquess walk away. The shocked and wide open mouth look on his face made you chuckle.

Then you glare at him, speaking through your mind you say, "You better explain everything afterwards. Like how is the Purgatory house and Zhongli here."

"Alright, alright. I got it."

You look at the marquess who was still carrying you, he is sulking you thought as you sweat drop. You decided to poke his cheeks, "Dad, why are you sulking?? Do you think that boy will propose like Allendis did?"

"Yes. I was afraid he would propose." the marquess tells you. Now that was an answer you weren't expecting. "Why are you scared? He's just a boy." you asks, even though you knew full well that he wasn't just a boy.

"It's exactly because he's a boy." the marquess tells you looking down to you ask he did. His eyebrows scrunched up together.

"Well I don't think every boy is as bold as Allendis. That stupid know-it-all green headed boy." you tell the marquess, oh how glad you were that Allendis wasn't going to attend the show.

The two of you reach your box the marquess has specially reserved. There were three chairs. One for you, one for Aristia and one for the marquess. The marquess puts you on the chair as you try to move the chair a little closer to the front. Your legs couldn't touch the ground yes you were still quite short.

[Note: You are about 144cm because that's the average height for 11 years old female according to the internet. And my friend who is like 155cm tall couldn't touch the ground while sitting, so this is base on experience.]

The show hasn't started as you sit on the chair moving your dangling feet. "Dad I'm hungry..."

"You can eat after the show has ended." the marquess tells you. Just as if on cue, the lights slowly died down. "But-" you were going to complain when he shush you. "Shh, we shouldn't bother the other guest."

You pout in anger, well it didn't felt like a pout to you but it sure did look like one to the others. That's when you heard someone calling your name in whispers which peak your interest as you look around.

"Psst! [Y/N]! [Y/N]!" you hear them keep shouting. You couldn't pin point the direction since they were tying to keep it low. And that's when you secretly lean over and look down.