Author's Note

Dear Reader,

Thank you for reading my second LGBTQ+ novel, When the Violin Sings.

After Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams blew up, I was worried that I would keep having to live up to high expectations and that everything I put out would need to be some queer masterpiece, especially since for months many of you were eagerly awaiting this novel. Despite kind comments that I should take my time with this story, the pressure was enormous, and many times, it affected my writing.

This was one of the hardest novels I've ever written. Despite the fact I had made plans to write it as early as the beginning months of 2020, the pandemic really affected me mentally and gave me enormous writer's block. After Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams concluded, I felt rushed trying to get this out, especially when there was such a large research component to this novel, and during initial drafts I felt like I wasn't putting enough care into the story because of how quickly I was trying to get the story set up and published. I've never edited/rewritten a story so much in recent years. I stupidly wanted this book to be a masterpiece, and while I can admit it is not (and I wouldn't argue Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams is either), over time I fell in love with this story and the characters I crafted, and despite all the frustration and writer's block that went into this story, I came out satisfied with it in the end.

I've finally made peace with the fact that some of you would love this novel and that some of you would not like it as much as Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams, and that's okay. These are two entirely separate stories. For those of you who haven't even read Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams, you can ignore this whole rant haha; however, I imagine most of you who are reading this novel came from Autumn Leaves and Teenage Dreams.

Regardless of your feelings about this story, thank you for taking the time to read it. I am happy to still share my hard work with all of you, and I was always happy to see loyal followers of this story commenting kindly on it each week. I am still proud of the story I put out, and I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that some of you really enjoyed it and that it was meaningful for you in some way.

If you're interested in my other LGBTQ+ books, then please check out Ad Astra (currently being published weekly), and my two completed novels When the Violin Sings, and Can You Hear the Ocean?.

You can find the link to Ad Astra here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/333614426-ad-astra

You can find the link to When the Violin Sings here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/250521183-when-the-violin-sings

You can find the link to Can You Hear the Ocean? here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/278116761-can-you-hear-the-ocean 

Keep on reading,

Maeve