4.

"OF PASTRIES AND SUGARY FOODS

"OF PASTRIES AND SUGARY FOODS..."

---¤☆¤---

Sitting on the cushioned seat, I feel uncomfortable as my eyes scan the luxurious marble and gold silks that decorated the room; oozing out riches. I hadn't seen something this beautiful before, or expensive in person before. Sure, they showed glimpses of ridiculous looking Capitol citizens on the days leading up to the Games, but never anything like this. Never face to face. I felt like I would ruin something if I moved.

Folding my hands onto my lap, I glance up to see Ares and Celia shamelessly stuffing their faces with a tart of some kind. Jam and cream filling staining the corners of their mouth. Snickering at the sight, Ares flashes me a thankfully closed smile before holding a half eaten one for me to take. As tempting as it was, I wasn't hungry.

"You want one? They're really good." He asks, as I shake my head.

"No thanks. Um⎯Celia? Where's our Mentor?" I ask, looking for Klaudius.

"He is on his way, dearie. In the meantime, enjoy yourselves! Feel free to eat and drink anything that you would like. Follow Ares's example." Celia explains, in between chews.

Wrinkling my nose in disgust at the sound of chewing, Celia lifts her hand to cover her mouth, flashing her sparkly nails. They were painted a dark purple with silver sparkles on them, they were pretty. Wiping the sides of her mouth, she swallows down whatever was left in her mouth before reaching for a cup of something. Maybe water? Or some kind of alcoholic drink, I guess.

Glancing back at Ares, he was poking a clear red thing that jiggled with each poke; I had no idea if it was edible or not. But, I didn't like it. It was weird. It had fruit inside of it just floating. Frozen in place. Looking back at Celia, she swats his hand away from the jiggly thing before turning her attention back onto me. A cheery smile on her face.

"Ares don't touch that unless you're going to eat it. Athena, are you sure you don't want anything dearie? You're awfully skinny. It would be good for you to eat something." She questions, gesturing to the array of different foods.

"I⎯I don't even know have the things here." I said, my face flushing up with embarrassment. 

"Oh you sweet little thing! Come here, dearie! I'll give you a pastry and you and Ares can try them. See what you like. Trust me, sugar treats all kinds of emotional pain." She said, pointing to the table and chairs in the center of the room.

"Okay, I guess." I said, weakly.

Standing up from my seat, I hesitantly walk over the table, glancing at my surroundings. Noticing the paintings that were on some of the walls. Some of them were of young couples dancing, holding hands. They were pretty. Looking at the table, I instantly noticed the huge windows that surrounded the table showing the scenery. Big green forest was flashing by us at such a rapid rate that I could barely focus on the trees.